+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I think she means babies can't tell you what's wrong.

And it's all well and good to say all that but the records kept by my mummy friend and the records kept by the GL and shown to the parents are 2 totally different things.
    Exactly, my nephew describing how he doesn't like going in the naughty corner would seem innocent enough. Well not by my parenting style, but by his mothers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Exactly, my nephew describing how he doesn't like going in the naughty corner would seem innocent enough. Well not by my parenting style, but by his mothers.
    We don't have naughty corners or time out chairs, we have cool down spots or thinking time spots. But not for under 3s because they generally wouldn't be able too calm themselves down. We have book corner, a quiet activity table with drawing or puzzles, we have a tent with cushions and if the tent or book corner are empty they are encouraged to spend time playing with stuffed toys in the tent, read a story in book corner or do an activity at our quiet table to give them time to think or cool off, and give other kids a break from them. But a lot of parents not in that line of work might not know that, and might not be stunned by a little toddler saying naughty corner, and "all day every day" is often an exaggeration. Like dd had to write in her book for 10 hours in Year 1 lol she only spent 4 hours in the classroom for the day but that's how kids talk so I don't blame parents for brushing it off. Why would anyone assume the naughty spot would be in a cupboard!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done to your friend who has reported this particular daycare centre, She had done the right thing

This routine is not flexible at all and it obviously isn't working for the children but I just dont understand how that routine would actually work for the carers. As soon as one crys that would automatically wake up the others! Then you would have a nursery room full of screaming babies! All you get is stress on the baby being left to cry, stress on the other babies by disturbed sleep and stress on the carer having 8 screaming babies......How does that routine work......I am stumped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    And it's all well and good to say all that but the records kept by my mummy friend and the records kept by the GL and shown to the parents are 2 totally different things.
    Again, that's one example.... my c/care centre (and friends I have spoken to about this all say the same about their centres) is excellent and they invite parent input as much as possible (we can stay all day if we want, but it kinda defeats the purpose!).

Lets face it, people DO generalise about these things and get histerical over one bad example of one or even a few childcare centres.... why does this worry me? Because it makes parent's (mum's mainly lets face it) feel guilty for sending children to daycare which is a terrible thing as we all have the right to choose! That's all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Again, that's one example.... my c/care centre (and friends I have spoken to about this all say the same about their centres) is excellent and they invite parent input as much as possible (we can stay all day if we want, but it kinda defeats the purpose!).

Lets face it, people DO generalise about these things and get histerical over one bad example of one or even a few childcare centres.... why does this worry me? Because it makes parent's (mum's mainly lets face it) feel guilty for sending children to daycare which is a terrible thing as we all have the right to choose! That's all.
    Who's getting hysterical here? I've mentioned how much my nephew loves his new DC and never suggested all DCs or even many are like the ones in the examples, neither has SAB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Who's getting hysterical here? I've mentioned how much my nephew loves his new DC and never suggested all DCs or even many are like the ones in the examples, neither has SAB.
    On the contrary, over a decade in the industry and I have not seen a nursery run like this. I can't say enough that this is not in any policy, this is not the norm, it is utterly disgusting, has been reported, and is likely to be investigated by the end of this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummmm yes they can!! And if you ask they have to tell you!

It drives me insane when people get all histerical over one bad example. It makes no sense....

Paretns need to take responsibility and choose a centre that suits their and their child's needs, there's heaps of good places around!

And of course you have every right to call the shots when it's your child - childcare centres ask for parent input and participation all the time.

Don't freak out people, geeez it's just one example - shocking yes, but still....
    I'm loving your defending Centres share a book the original poster is a day care teacher herself

Del wasn't referring to the teachers don't tell you but the bubs can't verbalise what is happening so if something does happen you really won't know unless the teachers disclose it to you. This is a valid reason many mums worry about

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sure thing.... It's just the posts I read as I scrolled down the page after the initial post... Comments like 'that's exactly why I don't send my kids to daycare' and so on. Seriously.. It seems utterly silly to me to use this as a reason not to trust daycare workers/centres in general. If you can never leave your child with someone for a few hrs because they don't parent the way you do - and no-one does - then its no different to leaving them with anyone including family going from numerous other threads on this forum about family...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure thing.... It's just the posts I read as I scrolled down the page after the initial post... Comments like 'that's exactly why I don't send my kids to daycare' and so on. Seriously.. It seems utterly silly to me to use this as a reason not to trust daycare workers/centres in general. If you can never leave your child with someone for a few hrs because they don't parent the way you do - and no-one does - then its no different to leaving them with anyone including family going from numerous other threads on this forum about family...
    I know exactly how our family care for our kids though. I don't leave then with certain family members because of this.

A few hours every month with someone I know very well isn't several hours a week with someone I hardly know.

It might seem 'utterly silly' to you, but I prefer consistent ideals for my kids at their age.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken and eggs mum View Post
    For all those who don't believe it is possible to have a mostly calm, individualized babies or toddlers room haven't been in the rooms I have worked in...
    Totally possible!! I baby wore, rocked, patted, cuddled babies all day!! Whatever worked for them at home, we did!!! Some days I felt like I stayed in the rocking chair in the sleep room all day, one baby down, one up, bottles, another baby down, another one up etc.

There are high quality centers out there.

Places like this give all child care centers and workers bad names.... It is insulting to an industry who already doesn't get the recognition we deserve to have people like this who obviously don't want to be in the job behaving like this....

Deplorable......
    DITTO the kids at work are treated just how i treat my 2 kids why i am working those children become my " extra children" for the day

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mumma2ajem For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-02-2012)