+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 153
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanks
    5,192
    Thanked
    3,894
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    As far as having set times for sleeps and feeds goes....I really don't know how else parents would expect daycare providers to deal with multiple babies. Responding to indivifual needs like a parent would at home is just not going to happen on anywhere near the same scale.
    May sound harsh, but I read posts in here complaining about daycare a lot and I always think that if you make the decision to put your child's care in the hands of a stranger, then you really can't moan if they don't do things the way the child's own mother would.
    I think the issue with strict routines is that if the centre tells you that they have such a routine then you can decide as a parent if it's suitable or not.

    But if they tell you that they will follow your daily plan then they have to. Also I'm pretty sure that centers and carers need to follow the babies routine not a group one in the nursery room. I'm sure someone will come along and confirm this.

    In regards to strict routines I do not think in my opinion they are beneficial to the development of adults or children. Pattens of activity yes - strict routines no.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    I think the issue with strict routines is that if the centre tells you that they have such a routine then you can decide as a parent if it's suitable or not.

    But if they tell you that they will follow your daily plan then they have to. Also I'm pretty sure that centers and carers need to follow the babies routine not a group one in the nursery room. I'm sure someone will come along and confirm this.

    In regards to strict routines I do not think in my opinion they are beneficial to the development of adults or children. Pattens of activity yes - strict routines no.
    Yes this has been addressed already.

  3. #93
    Zombie_eyes's Avatar
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,354
    Thanks
    2,835
    Thanked
    9,033
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i feel ill reading that.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

    Stiflers Mom  (20-02-2012)

  5. #94
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,406
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,045
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One of the boys I nanny for was pulled out of DC when his mum went to pick him up early and he was sitting outside drenched and in a puddle (under the shade cloth but it was pouring with rain and it dripped through) wearing only an extremely full dirty nappy, absolutely hysterical.

    I look after 2 15 month olds and yes, sometimes I have to leave one to cry for a MINUTE (no more) to tend to the other one's needs (e.g. one boy vomited in his cot, so I was bathing him clean when the other boy woke up; I had to leave him to cry in his cot as I couldn't leave the other unattended in the bath, but I got him out immediately and got him dressed in the other boy's room so he wasn't alone and crying for any longer.

    But this is unacceptable and I'm glad she reported it.

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    The place i work out the parents tell us the routine and we follow.. This is just discusting!

    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    46
    Reviews
    0
    The baby room is a CRAZY room cause it has no routine.. But it is possible.. They get fed and put to sleep when parents tell us to..

    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to little talks For This Useful Post:

    share a book  (18-02-2012)

  9. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,078
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked
    427
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Another rule we follow is that if they are 15m or under, we hold them to give bottles, if they are over 15m we can put them on cushions or give it to them with a meal. Only a couple of centres vary from that (where I have worked) and only for bubs who prefer with a meal before they reach 15m. We do not prop bottles or leave them unattended at any stage.
    This last week I had three bubs feeding from their bottles on 3 large pillows all next to each other while I sat in the middle talking to them with another younger one in my arms. I prefer to hold them even when they are older but all these bubs want to hold it themselves plus I had a little one. It was such a nice moment with all them enjoying a bottle and a chat

  10. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    This last week I had three bubs feeding from their bottles on 3 large pillows all next to each other while I sat in the middle talking to them with another younger one in my arms. I prefer to hold them even when they are older but all these bubs want to hold it themselves plus I had a little one. It was such a nice moment with all them enjoying a bottle and a chat
    That's what I mean about it varying sometimes when they are older and have their own preference, but never propped and never left alone.

  11. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,078
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked
    427
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    As far as having set times for sleeps and feeds goes....I really don't know how else parents would expect daycare providers to deal with multiple babies. Responding to indivifual needs like a parent would at home is just not going to happen on anywhere near the same scale.
    May sound harsh, but I read posts in here complaining about daycare a lot and I always think that if you make the decision to put your child's care in the hands of a stranger, then you really can't moan if they don't do things the way the child's own mother would.
    Myself and my work mates have a philosophy that if we wouldn't do something with our own babies we wouldn't do it with someone's else's. So hugged, rocked, kissed their personal routine followed as much as we can. I personally don't work in bubs room as I'm more suited to 3-5 yr olds the girls in the bubs room love babies they love working with them. For this reason I had planed to take my baby back when I had finished and moved to another centre as the new work place didn't take bubs

  12. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,078
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked
    427
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    That's what I mean about it varying sometimes when they are older and have their own preference, but never propped and never left alone.
    Yep. I can't believe anyone would prop a bottle up in bubs mouth. The chocking risk is way to high and just not quality care. I was so shocked when a friend did it with her very young bub probably 6-8 weeks. If i wasn't bf my own bub I would of fed her it scared me watching it. She called it lazy parenting.
    Share a book wish we could work together


 

Similar Threads

  1. To all you mothers who's babies sleep through the night
    By Eleven3Eleven in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 17-05-2012, 15:23
  2. Winter babies and sleep
    By becnbubs in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 16:43
  3. What age should breastfed babies sleep through?
    By huffybear in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 11:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Carmels Beauty Secrets
An online beauty and wellness site which offers simple and effective time saving methods and tips which help you look younger for longer.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!