+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Poor neck muscles in 4month old

DD had her 4month check up with the chn yesterday and has been referred to a Physio to help with her neck as she cant lift/hold it up yet. (I know most babies should be able to lift/hold their heads by now and now im feeling so worried and stressed out). DD was born early and the hospital did explain that some developmental stages may be delayed (but so far shes been good)

I give DD lots of tummytime, and roll her on my fit ball everyday, but her neck is still floppy

Has anyone had to take there bub to the physio? and did it help?
    Last edited by tayasmummy; 18-02-2012 at 12:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub had the opposite he had stiffness on one side of his neck due to him favoring one side. He went to physio and he s doing great hopefully his next session will be his last. When having tummy time put toys so Bubs has to move head to see encouraging Bubs to use the muscles also make sure each time you put Bubs down change head position each time The physio will give you exercises to do as well. My boy was born at 37 weeks and he has a big head to so its a lot to move about. Don't worry too much you got help at the right time so it should right itself but you must be consistent with the exercises

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cakester69 For This Useful Post:

tayasmummy  (19-02-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    dd had erbs palsy and nerve damage in her neck. to help we:
    NEVER put her in the pusher (she was in the sling and had to learn better neck control, or in the shopping trolley where she could see around and was encouraged to look at the interesting world)
    tummy time in lots of short spaces, (ie tummy for 10mins, back for 5, then repeat all day around feeds/sleep)
    we used toys to encourage her to follow and move her head during tummy time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

tayasmummy  (19-02-2012)