+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pcos - who did 'add back?' did it help get your BFP?

As the title states I am keen to hear who did add back during their cycles and if it helped get a BFP or atleast a better haul of eggs. What dose fsh were you on? Did you use pregnyl for add back and what dose?

Tia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think LH add back is good for PCOS, you'll need to ask the Wazza for his opinion, in PCOS there's already too much hormones floating around, doing LH add back can be detrimental. I did do LH add back (I don't have PCOS) with good results ie. better mature eggs ratio. I was going for Luveris but Wazza suggested using Pregnyl as it's way cheaper (it's just added to the Medicare claim for cycle medications). I used 50 units per day( you need to use a 0.3 ml insulin syringe) because it's impossible to read the measurements even if you use a 1ml syringe. Alternatively you can do 150units every 3rd day, but doing 50u per day gives you a smoother hormone level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask what 'add back' means? Is this the use of luveris to improve quality of eggs? I have PCOS and did this for one cycle ages ago which was cancelled due to a high spike in my prog levels. My last cycle I did low dose pregnyl injections (20 units) with fsh (300 units) and had the best cycle ever with the best quality eggs I'd produced over 9 egg collections (12th cycle) and it produced my daughter.

Frostysmum - I'm about to go for it again for bub #2 and will be doing same cycle I did to get my DD, I'm interested in knowing why you used 50 units of pregnyl, if there is any info you can tell me I'd really appreciate it. I've been seeing the name Wazza pop up in alot of places, sounds like he is THE best FS around. A pity he's in a different state to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    May I ask what 'add back' means? Is this the use of luveris to improve quality of eggs? I have PCOS and did this for one cycle ages ago which was cancelled due to a high spike in my prog levels. My last cycle I did low dose pregnyl injections (20 units) with fsh (300 units) and had the best cycle ever with the best quality eggs I'd produced over 9 egg collections (12th cycle) and it produced my daughter.

Frostysmum - I'm about to go for it again for bub #2 and will be doing same cycle I did to get my DD, I'm interested in knowing why you used 50 units of pregnyl, if there is any info you can tell me I'd really appreciate it. I've been seeing the name Wazza pop up in alot of places, sounds like he is THE best FS around. A pity he's in a different state to me
    Yep add back means adding LH to the stim cycle through low doses of pregnyl or lurveris. Spoke to FS about this over the weekend and he thinks it won't make much difference unless my LH levels were low at that point in the cycle. Was your low or did your FS want to up the levels anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet---I did 50units as it is hard to draw up 0.03ml as it is. I get them in 1500u dissolved in 1ml diluent. How did you draw yours up or did you just use more diluent to make up more volume?

Nicole---I don't think I have low LH either, but I think Wazza just used it on me as I've got no other options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostysmum View Post
    Kismet---I did 50units as it is hard to draw up 0.03ml as it is. I get them in 1500u dissolved in 1ml diluent. How did you draw yours up or did you just use more diluent to make up more volume?

Nicole---I don't think I have low LH either, but I think Wazza just used it on me as I've got no other options.
    Thanks frosty. And did you use it on the cycle you got your bfp?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole83 - gosh it's so long ago now I can't remember, I do recall suggesting it because I'd heard about it and FS looked at previous cycles as he did say luveris wouldn't make any difference if LH levels were normal but he did notice previous cycle wasn't quite so we gave it a go, when the cycle was cancelled I was soooo peeved cos it was like $1500 extra down the drain and I had 12 follicles in the scan, I was really devastated cos that was the biggest number of follies I'd had by that stage, but he said the prog spike would mean the eggs wouldn't fertilise well if at all and if they did would have to freeze all bcs my body wouldn't have been in the correct hormone state to do a transfer and they had done this previously with some patients & the embryos didn't thaw so wasn't worth the risk of going for egg pickup. So never tried that again! When I found out pregnyl practically does the same thing except doesn't effect LH levels and would cost me nothing I wanted to do that and it made a huge difference I believe.

Frostysmum - I can't quite remember, I think I just drew up what I needed & wasted alot from each vial, the clinic gave me some spares that they had so it didn't matter.