+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Chemical preg/early miscarriage question...

Hi ladies,

Im fairly certain I'm in the middle of a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage. I got my first faint BFP this past Monday, and a digi BFP on Wednesday. I had a blood test Wednesday, and my results came through yesterday - positive, but HCG very low at a 9. It was very early (AF not due til yest) and Dr didn't sound concerned but all I've read says that's extremely low and borderline. Dr told me to come back in this afternoon for a second blood test, which I've done.

Overnight tho, I got some very light pink spotting and some brown spotting today. Nothing now, but a few pulls and cramps.

I get the bloods back tomorrow and am resigned to the fact that this isn't my time (devastated, though), but just wondering, do I count today as the first day of my period for next cycle, or wait for a full on heavy flow? Is heavy flow associated with a chemical pregnancy?

Really hoping we can jump in and try again.

Thanks for listening

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a chemical recently (23rd Dec 11). I counted the first day of spotting as the first day of my period - it came the day my period would have done. I had HCG of 19 at 12dpo and >5 by 15dpo/CD29.

I continued bleeding like a normal period though. Hopefully you are having breakthrough bleeding and it will all be ok. for you - no matter how early, pregnancy loss is devastating.

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 5 now and my fs always says to count day 1 as the start of a proper flow (I usually spot for a day or so). I hope that the numbers increase and you don't even need to worry about this. Hugs. I also do find that it is a bit heavier and seems to go for a day or so longer (but that could just be me).

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your help girls.I woke up about 2am with bad cramping, got up and passed a couple of big clots. Bleeding properly now so this is it.Feeling gutted but glad it hasn't been too drawn out and hoping my cycle isnt stuffed around too much.Thanks again. X

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry for you loss with my chemical I started bleeding at night so I counted the next day as CD1 it was also pretty heavy and very painful for me, take things easy and let others around you know you need nurturing right now xxoo