Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    Hate to say it but no, I don't think that your reasons for not vaxxing were valid. Recurrent ear and tonsil infections are not a reason to not vaccinate. And you say that you also won't vaccinate your next child to schedule. What are your reasons for that?

    OP, no you can't win and you also can't have an opinion. Don't you know bubhub is also known as the 'I don't vaccinate' forum. Yes lots of us here do vaccinate but most people have given up arguing
    Just quickly, my son is now up to schedule but was quite delayed with his vaxxes. Not by choice either. For similar reasons to Izys son.

    My son was never well enough to get his vaxes, he had constant infections, mostly ear, meaning constant high temps. Thus, my doc only vaxxed him slowly as he was never temp free long enough.

    Is that not valid?!

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    i tried to enroll my child in daycare but cause i wasnt up to date on vacs i had my child care benifit cut , so would of ment full price no cheaper fees

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgirl View Post
    i tried to enroll my child in daycare but cause i wasnt up to date on vacs i had my child care benifit cut , so would of ment full price no cheaper fees
    If you have a doctor's letter or CO form, you still get CCB.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    If you have a doctor's letter or CO form, you still get CCB.
    I was just about to post this

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard.Manny.Fran View Post
    Just quickly, my son is now up to schedule but was quite delayed with his vaxxes. Not by choice either. For similar reasons to Izys son.

    My son was never well enough to get his vaxes, he had constant infections, mostly ear, meaning constant high temps. Thus, my doc only vaxxed him slowly as he was never temp free long enough.

    Is that not valid?!
    I want to know why people feel they have a right to say whether it's valid or not.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

    headoverfeet  (18-02-2012),lones  (18-02-2012)

  7. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    454
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    58
    Reviews
    0
    Every
    Last edited by tjewell; 18-02-2012 at 14:45.

  8. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    637
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She asked if we thought it was a valid reason. I answered.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

    Ulysses  (18-02-2012)

  10. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked
    1,053
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    No where in australia is it legal for children to be excluded from anything based on their vaccination status. (provided the government has been notified of what their status is)

    ?
    Unfortunately this is not entirely true, whilst I doubt any high quality service would exclude children on this basis there were some services on the sunshine coast who were successful in excluding children who were not vaxxed.

    I've read it all, the official documentation, the medical journals, the alternative views and the 'quackery' and for me it is about risk assessment, my risk assessment led me to make a decision not to vax. Yes, in many cases vaxxing reduces the risk of catching the disease but the chance of catching one of these diseases and suffering harm is negligible, given my circumstances my child would have been extremely unlucky to suffer harm. I know measles is probaly not a great example as it has been drastically reduced but the notification rate for measles is around 3-5 in a million and the hospitalisation of those 3-5 in a million is less than 1%.
    However if I vaxxed my child I would have had a 100% chance of having toxic ingredients such as aluminium, formaldehyde, polysorbate and who knows what else placed directly into their blood ******s.

    The only vax I considered was for whooping cough but was unable to get a single vax.
    I've also worked in centres and have never seen an incidence of a vpd other than gastro that was suspected rotavirus on a number of occasions and to be entirely honest I wondered if a child who had recently recieved their rotavirus vax may have been to blame.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

    Etienne  (18-02-2012)

  12. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    She asked if we thought it was a valid reason. I answered.
    Was our reason valid? The only reason she caught up with WC is because she was a toddler when she went to cc, and had not yet had others. She had hep b at birth but not vit k.

  13. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked
    637
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I don't really understand whether your child is up to date with vaxes now? If they were truly constantly sick with temps how were you able to send them to CC?
    Seriously, I do understand how difficult it is to get your child vaxed when they are sick all the time. My baby didn't get her 4 month ones till 9 months for that reason. But to delay for years or not vax their next child like the PP said, no I don't think that is valid.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

    Alimia  (18-02-2012),Atropos  (18-02-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Ikea - do you need immunization record for childcare?
    By Chew the Mintie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-07-2012, 12:45
  2. Immunization payment
    By our4boys in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 16:53
  3. Conceiving soon after immunization booster...?
    By Justwant2beamummy in forum Medicines & Herbal Remedies During Pregnancy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-02-2012, 08:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Hills Swimming Kenthurst
Located in the beautiful suburb of Kenthurst and boasts a heated 25m pool. We conduct world-leading Baby and Parent Classes, Preschool Classes, School Age and Squad Training. Our classes are small, our service personal and our quality of the highest.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!