Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD daycare had 2 cases of whooping cough the other week and all children it that daycare have been vac.
    So they get it even when all have been vac. It hasn't spread so far hopefully if doesn't.
    I just wouldn't put my kids in under 6months but thats me.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    I merly just don't want my child around people that don't.
    I'm not sure how your ever going to manage that, as long as a child has a CO form there is nothing they can do about it at day care and in school and for confidentiality reasons you will never be sure that a center is 100% vaccinated.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (18-02-2012),Gandalf  (18-02-2012),naebie  (18-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm sorry i missunderstood you.

My understanding of your post was that umvaccinated children should not be allowed in childcare.

*sent from my adiction... my phone*

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No izy not at all! I would never question another parents choice god knows its hard enough raising our children without people telling you what's right or wrong. I was just surprised at the percentage of non vaccinated children at the daycare.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

Izy  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    According to the WHO immunisation website if you look at Australia's profile ( as at october 2011) it's about 92% coverage for the majority of childhood immunisations so your child care centre at 90% is about what most would be according to those stats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I'm not sure how your ever going to manage that, as long as a child has a CO form there is nothing they can do about it at day care and in school and for confidentiality reasons you will never be sure that a center is 100% vaccinated.
    This is true. Doesn't mean the OP has to like it, and she is free to say so.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (18-02-2012),Izy  (18-02-2012),Ulysses  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    But are my reasons for not vaccinating valid? would you need everyone to give you a detailed reason as to how they came to thier (required) concientious (sp? Hate that word lol) objection form?

*sent from my adiction... my phone*
    Hate to say it but no, I don't think that your reasons for not vaxxing were valid. Recurrent ear and tonsil infections are not a reason to not vaccinate. And you say that you also won't vaccinate your next child to schedule. What are your reasons for that?

OP, no you can't win and you also can't have an opinion. Don't you know bubhub is also known as the 'I don't vaccinate' forum. Yes lots of us here do vaccinate but most people have given up arguing

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (18-02-2012),Ulysses  (18-02-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post

OP, no you can't win and you also can't have an opinion. Don't you know bubhub is also known as the 'I don't vaccinate' forum. Yes lots of us here do vaccinate but most people have given up arguing
    So so so so so so so so true. It is a big reason why I & many others I know take big breaks if not leave this site altogether.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hate to say it but no, I don't think that your reasons for not vaxxing were valid. Recurrent ear and tonsil infections are not a reason to not vaccinate. And you say that you also won't vaccinate your next child to schedule. What are your reasons for that?

I vaccinate, but I find your post really rude.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

fichicken  (18-02-2012),lones  (18-02-2012),naebie  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Is that necessary? The pp said her child was unwell, and most doctors will not give a vaccination if a child is sick with so much as a common cold. My dd was delayed and skipped a couple. She was born with a hole in her heart and was unable to have them to schedule. By the time she started cc she was up to date with whooping cough but had not had mmr and I never took her for the chicken pox one or any flu shots.

But I guess you know better than the doctors who know our children? As pp said also doctors felt the same way she did, and her kids will be vaccinated but not to the schedule.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (18-02-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast