Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you for real? Or stirring?

One would think if you had such faith in the vaccinations you would not be concerned if your child was around children who are not vaccinated!

You are around people/children who are not vaccinated everywhere, not just at childcare. So if you want to keep away then maybe you should stay at home.

My children are vaccinated except for chicken pox. It actually does not even enter my head to think about other children's vaccination status.

I might add chicken pox went around my DDs preschool last year. The children who got it were all vaccinated. My DD still has not had them, although my older child has hence no need to be vaccinated for them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

mum2twinboys  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Share a book I thought that it was odd for the director to highlight that too. And also she was the one who brought up the topic, apparently if your child isn't immunized you have to fill out numerous paper work. I'm actually a paeds nurse so i do actually know a thing or two about immunizations and I know my child can still catch these illness ect... But it still doesn't stop me from being concerned for his well being.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do fdc and live in an area where a lot of children are not vaccinated (ie I have had a few months where over 50% of the children I looked after were not vaccinated). It has never been a problem here and when ds (who is fully vaccinated) was at preschool, the only kids who ever got whooping cough were kids who were vaccinated. You never know where it will come from and unless you never take your child to the shops, parks etc then I would think it is not worth getting too worried about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, so the director was just querying if your child was immunised, rather than pointing out that there are children in the centre who aren't...

My DD has been in childcare for 2+ years, and has not been ill apart from a cold. She's immunised against everything except Chicken Pox.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last edited by lilypily; 17-02-2012 at 20:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buboven View Post
    I understand the study that claimed it was discredited ect, But how can you say theres not a link when two perfectly healthy children in my family had the same outcome. im not saying that every child will have this issue but in My family there is obviously a link between them IMO. I also didnt say i wasnt getting my child vacinated for MMR as i have researched and know the risk ect, But I wont choose to vacinate my child based on other peoples opinion whether there is a link or not between the two.
    It's not an opinion per se- it's based on scientific fact.
    2 children from the same family with autism leans more toward the current theory that autism and ASD are genetic- not environmental- that's how. There is much research going on in this area. Have a look at the Aspect website. In your family you have 2 children who got the MMR vax, and both have autism. Correlation doesn't equal causation.Those two children may have also both had a bubble bath, been to the zoo or both had panadol for a fever- these have as much evidence linking them to autism. Autism is not something you "catch" from a vaccine. This has been shown over and over. There are unvaccinated children with autism too. Look more into the genetic link- this research is really promising and already evidence is being found.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Californication  (18-02-2012),emzluvbub  (18-02-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (18-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This makes me so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    watching my friends baby (luckily 4.5 months not newborn) fighting whooping cough is AWFUL!!!!!! turningg blue not breathing!!!!
    I will not read any posts or talk to any people who do not vax..as the reasons are total non sense and stupid and these people do not exist to me..I so wish and hope that one day we can have non vax kids not allowed in play group /child care/kindy etc...but even then it will still spread!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    watching my friends baby (luckily 4.5 months not newborn) fighting whooping cough is AWFUL!!!!!! turningg blue not breathing!!!!
    I will not read any posts or talk to any people who do not vax..as the reasons are total non sense and stupid and these people do not exist to me..I so wish and hope that one day we can have non vax kids not allowed in play group /child care/kindy etc...but even then it will still spread!!!!!!!
    All reasons are nonsense? Some cannot have the vaccines because they are physically too unwell to cope with them, so shots could mean death for them, but whatever, call it nonsense all you like.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (17-02-2012),Azurial  (18-02-2012),Berrie  (18-02-2012),Gandalf  (17-02-2012),lones  (18-02-2012),naebie  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    Share a book I thought that it was odd for the director to highlight that too. And also she was the one who brought up the topic, apparently if your child isn't immunized you have to fill out numerous paper work. I'm actually a paeds nurse so i do actually know a thing or two about immunizations and I know my child can still catch these illness ect... But it still doesn't stop me from being concerned for his well being.
    If you are a paed nurse you should know its not compulsory to have your kids immunised? As pp,s have said immunised kids still get diseases they are immunised against , so your child will never be 100% protected , if it bothers you so much your only choice is not to send him to day care ( but as others gave said you can't keep him locked up all day !)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (17-02-2012),Gandalf  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    Hopefully your friends baby is ok - did she catch it from a non immunised child?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (18-02-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast