Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 106
  1. #11
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,406
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,045
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have the adults in his life ensured their vaccinations are up to date? Because if they haven't, they're just as likely to expose him to the things you're worried about.

    It's not compulsory to vaccinate and nor should it be.

  2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

    Azurial  (18-02-2012),Berrie  (18-02-2012),chameleon  (18-02-2012),Etienne  (17-02-2012),Gandalf  (17-02-2012),Izy  (17-02-2012),jennibear  (17-02-2012),kbf2plus2  (18-02-2012),lones  (18-02-2012),MilkingMaid  (17-02-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (18-02-2012),naebie  (17-02-2012),PomPoms  (17-02-2012),smallpotatoes  (17-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (17-02-2012)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,168
    Thanks
    320
    Thanked
    240
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you vaccinate why would you be worried?? ISnt that what you believe vaccinations do...STOP then contracting a disease???

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

    Azurial  (18-02-2012),Berrie  (18-02-2012),Etienne  (17-02-2012),lones  (18-02-2012)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibear View Post
    If you vaccinate why would you be worried?? ISnt that what you believe vaccinations do...STOP then contracting a disease???
    That IS what vaccines do, yes... It's proven, not just a "belief" . As I said previously, some vaccines are not at maximum effectiveness until the full course is taken- the example I gave of whooping cough is a good one- its not 100% anyway, but it is given in 3 doses, and if your child has only had one or two, the effectiveness is even lower, though they still have more immunity than an un-vaccinated child.

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    No where in australia is it legal for children to be excluded from anything based on their vaccination status. (provided the government has been notified of what their status is)

    As long as your child is completely up to date for his age, and you trust vaccinations (as you clearly do) then whats the risk to him from other children not being vaccinated?
    Family daycare can legally exclude based on anything. One scheme in town won't accept unvaxed or even partially vaxed children. Individual carers can also legally discriminate against special needs kids or kids with allergies.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (17-02-2012),Ulysses  (18-02-2012)

  8. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,779
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked
    940
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son has not had any vaccinations since the last whooping cough one (so anything after 12 months of age) and he has attended day care since he was 6 months old.

    I have no idea how many children at his day care are vaccinated or not but the only outbreaks have been chicken pox and those that cannot be vaccinated for (well as far as I know) such as hand foot and mouth and conjuctivitis.

    My son got chicken pox and so did a few kids at the centre - he got it less severe then the children who were vaccinated according to the workers.

    I am not amedical professional nor a anti or pro vaccination advocate but I would imagine that your child will be at no more risk than he/she will be when they go to school.

    If you are unhappy maybe look around for a day care with lower figures for unvaccinated children.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

    Etienne  (17-02-2012),jennibear  (17-02-2012)

  10. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    The thing to think about is many people who dont vacinate there children have a reason for it, My cousins for instance both had perfectly healthy baby boys, although after they had their injection for mezzels, mumps and rubella they both now suffer from severe Autisum. This make me question whether i will get our little man vacinated for MMR.

    However he will be getting all other vacines and i dont believe this should be a reason for him to be excluded from any childcare, activity ect

  11. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buboven View Post
    The thing to think about is many people who dont vacinate there children have a reason for it, My cousins for instance both had perfectly healthy baby boys, although after they had their injection for mezzels, mumps and rubella they both now suffer from severe Autisum. This make me question whether i will get our little man vacinated for MMR.

    However he will be getting all other vacines and i dont believe this should be a reason for him to be excluded from any childcare, activity ect
    Buboven, there is no evidence linking vaccines and autism. The one study that claimed to have proven a link was discredited, formally retracted by the Lancet, proven fraudulent and the "doctor" who authored it was stricken off the medical register. MMR does NOT cause autism. I'm sorry for your cousin's children, but they did not "catch" autism from a vaccine. This is a dangerous and false belief- just look at un vaxxed kids who are autistic. I hope you do some further investigation into this- children get serious ill, suffer long term and sometimes permanent health issues (sterility etc) from contracting these diseases- they can even die.

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    Boost  (17-02-2012),Californication  (18-02-2012),emzluvbub  (18-02-2012),growingbelly  (17-02-2012),Guest654  (17-02-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (18-02-2012),Rutabaga  (18-02-2012),smallpotatoes  (17-02-2012)

  13. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Buboven, there is no evidence linking vaccines and autism. The one study that claimed to have proven a link was discredited, formally retracted by the Lancet, proven fraudulent and the "doctor" who authored it was stricken off the medical register. MMR does NOT cause autism. I'm sorry for your cousin's children, but they did not "catch" autism from a vaccine. This is a dangerous and false belief- just look at un vaxxed kids who are autistic. I hope you do some further investigation into this- children get serious ill, suffer long term and sometimes permanent health issues (sterility etc) from contracting these diseases- they can even die.

    I understand the study that claimed it was discredited ect, But how can you say theres not a link when two perfectly healthy children in my family had the same outcome. im not saying that every child will have this issue but in My family there is obviously a link between them IMO. I also didnt say i wasnt getting my child vacinated for MMR as i have researched and know the risk ect, But I wont choose to vacinate my child based on other peoples opinion whether there is a link or not between the two.

  14. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,129
    Thanks
    5,083
    Thanked
    1,220
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbubs1012 View Post
    How stupid!!! They should atleast have to have the whooping cough vax!
    More people probably would if they had the option to have the WC vax without the others it's administered with.

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

    Azurial  (18-02-2012),BabushkaMumma  (17-02-2012),Etienne  (17-02-2012),Izy  (17-02-2012),jennibear  (17-02-2012),naebie  (17-02-2012)

  16. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,302
    Thanks
    1,824
    Thanked
    237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It will depend on the centre's policy on immunisations. You can easily access them via the handbook you receive with info or just ask the centre director.
    Because of discrimination stuff it's very hard to exclude non vac'd children from a centre.
    Like another poster said if an outbreak of an illness or disease does happen the non vac'd children will have to stay away from the centre until medical cert have been returned from the infected kids.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Ikea - do you need immunization record for childcare?
    By Chew the Mintie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-07-2012, 12:45
  2. Immunization payment
    By our4boys in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 16:53
  3. Conceiving soon after immunization booster...?
    By Justwant2beamummy in forum Medicines & Herbal Remedies During Pregnancy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-02-2012, 08:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Super soft, fun prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton plus non-toxic wooden toys. • Hypoallergenic - perfect for eczema relief • Everything needed to shop for a baby shower • 10% off + FREE gift with purchase. Use code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Hills Swimming Kenthurst
Located in the beautiful suburb of Kenthurst and boasts a heated 25m pool. We conduct world-leading Baby and Parent Classes, Preschool Classes, School Age and Squad Training. Our classes are small, our service personal and our quality of the highest.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!