Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default .

Last edited by AndrewTheEmu; 20-03-2012 at 14:15. Reason: privacy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You sound like you are doing a great job - don't let yourself get too stressed.

It's hard to do it all - I've got DS in care one day a week so I can work/clean/study and my sister babysitting one day a week so I can work.

The course I'm doing is all from home, and doesn't sound even half as hard as your one. I think it's unreasonable to think you'd be able to do all that without having to put your DD in care.

Your little one will adjust to being in care and will probably thrive in a new environment.

I haven't read any of your other threads yet, but good for you for taking steps to ensure your future. Regardless of what happens with your DH in the future it will feel great for you to know that you can be independent - even if it doesn't come to that.

Good luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no experience but plenty of sympathy and just have to say I don't think you should feel guilty at all, it sounds like you are making a very smart (if difficult) decision that will really benefit you and your daughter in the long run. I'm sorry your DH isn't being more supportive I tried to study part-time last year (while working full-time), and I didn't have any children, and it was still so difficult. I only lasted a semester and only lasted that long because of DH being awesome and looking after me. I hope yours can be more helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you're doing a great thing! You need time to get this done without your DD around. I'm sorry your DH isn't more supportive, so all the more the reasons for you to do what you have to do. I'm sure your DD will love it.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey. You know something? Good on you! And screw him for making it difficult! You're a person, an individual, and you are COMPLETELY within your rights to chase after your own career goals.

I'm sure being a mother is the most important thing to you in the world - that doesn't make it the only thing you are. You're a freakin human being and the whole assumption that you HAVE to stay at home sh!ts me! For those that want to be a SAHM, great! That's great for THEM. It's doesn't make you any less a mother. Pursue your dreams and let no one hold you back!

Anyone says otherwise, kick 'em in the kneecap for me!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

AndrewTheEmu  (17-02-2012),Benji  (17-02-2012),Doc  (17-02-2012),sjay  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez you should be patting yourself on the back not beating yourself up! You sound like you are doing a great job at being proactive and planning for the future care of yourself and DD. Two days really is a small amount, even though I can imagine it will be hard but totally the right decision.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Etienne For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good on you!! It sounds like your really trying to better yourself for future job opportunities and that's fantastic! I wish I was as "with it" as you.

I hope your DH comes around because he is being a **** and has no right trying to stand in your way.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly what GluttonForPunishment said!!

And maybe once DH sees how serious and passionate you are about your study he may just realise it's easier on everyone if he's supportive.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good on you for doing something for you! Don't you dare feel guilty. Your partner will just have to deal with it. Your dd will be just fine. I'm soon to be returning to work and will miss my ds terribly but I know from the experience with ds1 that it will be good for him. I wish you well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel guilty for doing something that will in the long run benefit both you and your daughter! And what a good role model you are to show her that it's never to late to further your training or education to get ahead in your career!

It is hard to be a stay at home mum and I think so many people don't actually understand what it is like and don't let peoples impressions of what you "should" be doing or achieving ruin you and especially don't let your DH sabotage your hard efforts!

Good luck with the studying!