+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default question about scans???

I just had a scan at 34 weeks to double check size of bub due to gestational diabetes they dr wasn't concerned just being cautious.
    any my question is I know the person doing the ultrasound can't tell you what they find but if something was wrong they would get a second opinion or something wouldn't they? cause she just said a report will get sent to my dr and then sent me home
    should I just assume that everything is ok??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not 100% sure but during my 34 week scan, I asked the tech if everything looked ok and if there was anything I should be concerned about. She told me exactly what she had found.

Did you ask the tech during the scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    she just said she would send the report on to the dr? I was only in the for 20 mins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is normal to send the results to the doctor as most of it is medical terms that not all of us would understand plus he would have asked for specific things like measurements or anything else he wanted them to look at so then he needs the results. All of mine were done this way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I know they normally send a report that happened last time too what I want to know is IF the lady doing the ultrasound today saw something she was concerned about would she of gotten a second opinion TODAY while I was there??

Thanks
    Reviews
    She would have gone to see the reporting Radiologist to confirm anything if she had any concerns. They are not allowed to give you any information as they aren't Rads. Sometimes Radiology companys have days where they send films off site for reporting, and if that's the case and they find something they are really worried with they will call the Rad at the reporting site and ask them to look at the films and rush a report.

best thing to do would be to wait at least 4-5 hours to allow time for a report to be done and call the company you had the scan done at and ask for them to fax the report to your gp or who ever you're seeing as soon as it's done and call that practice.
    Last edited by itspinkrock; 17-02-2012 at 13:43.