+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aww wow thats cute!

Short answer is no, But my DD is old enough to damand it when she wants it.

Its totally fine to leave him while he's happy to just gaze around. DD used to get so over stimulated at that age but was quite happy on her mat for 10-20 mins.

You can get him one of the jungle gym mats, the ones that have a kind of mobile of toys hanging over the top that Im sure he'll be fixated with

also DD used to love a quick trip around the garden at that age too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh yeah I'd leave jasper for a moment if he was content. It was tricky at our old place because the kitchen & laundry & living room were all quite separate I'd feel bad leaving him in the living room - though I was just a little cry away - it still didn't feel *right* so I tried to be quick.

I'm glad our new place is smaller actually for while little miss is little because i'll almost be able to see her from anywhere in the unit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    absolutely not.
    i think it's a vital skill for babies, toddlers, children to learn how to keep themselves entertained. they need to practise their own skills too (rolling, action/reaction, visual stimulation etc) and if we are constantly in their face distracting them, they can't.

i have a 9yo who very rarely says 'i'm bored'...because he knows how to entertain himself. my 4mo baby spends time under her playgym, in her cot watching her mobiles, in her swing etc. i'm always within eyesight or earshot and she is a happy contented baby.

needless to say we play, read books, go for walks, she sits in her bumbo while i make dinner, we cuddle, play with toys together etc...too
    Last edited by halloweendee; 17-02-2012 at 10:46.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was the se when DD was a baby I used to put her in her swing or high chair in the kitchen with me while I did the dishes

As she got older *I* got better.

Surprisingly she is the most independent child I have ever come across. And we did the AP thing too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I spend DD's awake time going back and forth between playing with/cuddling her and getting the chores done. She seems to enjoy watching us go about our day

[Formerly LG]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I never did when he was small and I still don't. He's one of the most independent two year olds I know ... Everyone needs a bit of personal space every now and then, even babies

*** end of transmission ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always wondered about this, and often felt guilty for not 'playing' with her more. She turns one soon, and I still leave her to play on her own alot. If she is happy, she must be enjoying herself. I do try and spend sometime every day dedicated to different activities though i.e water play, reading, blocks etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kalgirl View Post
    We also have ABC Classic FM on throughout the house during the day to immerse her in some good music. She likes to waltz!

Sent magically from my iPhone using
    Internet trickery
    Aww that's so cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope....not possible! I have two other children so I need to attend to their needs and spend time with them as well so if bubs is content to play with her gym on the floor then I use that time to do the million of other things I need to do.

And try not to feel guilty when I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, Not possible here. With 2 kids unfortunately ds2 spends alot of time in his bouncer or under the play gym.

Makes me feel extremely guilty as I did and still do spend lots more time with ds1.

But chores need to be done and people need to be fed so that's life at the moment. I do try to steal some one on one time with ds2 but it isn't always possible.

Mummy guilt sux!!