+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tattoo removal

Calling on the knowledge of the hub: a friend has a palm-sized shaded black design on her upper arm that she wants to eradicate. Has anyone any experience of current methods and approximate prices? I seem to recall reading somewhere that all-black ink can even be re-tattooed over in a flesh colour to lighten/remove the image. She doesn't want to redesign, she would like it gone. Thanks in advance

Sent magically from my iPhone using
    Internet trickery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    if she has a lot of $$ and a lot of time for multiple sittings go the laser route.
    i've also heard it's extremely painful, much more than the tattoo. then there is the after care - i think you have to bandage it following each treatment.

you can tattoo white/flesh colors but i think it would just end up looking muddy. best thing would be to go to a tattoo shop and laser shop and get a consultation.

i know she wants it gone and not a cover up but that's what i would do. mind you, i would personally just learn to live with it. or favor t-shirts over tank tops. that's the thing with tattoos - you are meant to think carefully before getting them.

and yes, i have tattoos. seven...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My SIL is in the long process of removing 3 of hers. She said its painful & expensive. And there will still be a white scar once all the ink is lasered out

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP had his first laser session yesterday. Cost him $120 or he could have bought 6 sessions for $600. He didn't because we're moving interstate & there's 8 weeks between sessions. They also said because his body seems to break down the ink naturally anyway (one of the reasons for removing it) he probably won't need 6 sessions.
    He's been told there shouldn't be any scarring as long as he cares for it in the weeks after each session - keeping it dry & covered for 2 days straight after then moist with paw paw ointment or bepanthan for 2 weeks. He said getting the tattoo hurt more - the tattoo was on the inside of his wrist.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tattoo removal

I want to bump this post and expand to include lactic acid tatt removal- where the tattoo is gone over in small circles in a similar fashion to getting a tattoo but instead of ink a compound is injected in. The skin scabs, and when then scabs come of the ink comes with it.
    I had this treatment 2 months ago or so and I'm not thrilled with the results. Can anyone else tell me how they have gone with this?
    I don't want horror stories- at most I looks like maybe ill have some reddish scarring in the long term. So anyone with a story?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am in the process of getting one removed from my inner wrist. I have had one session of laser so far costing $160. It took all of 30 sec but you are paying for the qualification of the person removing it and the equipment more so than the time.

It hurt like heck!! But was over so quickly it was easy to breathe through and get over it. Felt like someone slapping a rubber band on my wrist over and over but at a million miles an hour. After it blistered and was red for a week like suburn. Months later I can see alot of ink has gone and I think I would only need two more sessions to remove it completely.

Mine was done by a reputable tattoo artist who also offers the service for clients. Alot of whom are getting old ones faded so they can be covered up again with new art. I'm getting mine all off.

It honestly hurt more than getting the tattoo in the first place but I'm happy to go back for another session because I want it gone.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Edit-
    From my understanding the laser option dissolves the ink so in the weeks between session it fades more and more as the pigment breaks down. I have no scars from my first treatment. Black ink does dissolve faster. Some colors like red don't respond well to laser

Thanks
    Reviews
    As an update, my lactic acid tattoo removal is looking pretty good. It's been about 6 months since the session and my skin is no longer indented, but smooth, and the redness has faded considerably. I think I'll go back at the end of the year for another session; having seen the results over time, I feel more confident in the process. However, my aftercare support was completely ****e and I won't be letting them get away with that next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently there is an alternative to laser. If you Google it you should find a cream. It's a US based company and a bit pricey but something I'm looking into