+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sunday - pick up older ones, church, non-grocery shopping
    Monday - my free day to book whatever appointment is needed next
    Tuesday - drama class, & rehearsals
    Wednesday - playgroup and grocery shopping during day, so afternoon needed for a break
    Thursday - girls brigade, & rehearsals
    Friday - older ones go to their Dad's (inc skating Friday night)
    Saturday - my refresh day, spend time with little ones

I try to get out for some "me" time on a Friday or Saturday night, but it has been nearly two months since I've last had the opportunity.

And I need to look at getting the kids back into swimming lessons. That'll probably take up our Monday afternoon's again. Due to visiting their Dad for Saturday, that wipes out weekend sports (which aways tend to be on a Saturday).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont know how we will fit in the sporting stuff once dd is older I'm exhausted now just working full time on different shifts and dh gets home at 7 so it'll be me taking her and future kids to extra activities.

At the moment she only does saturday morning swim lessons. But dh does cricket on Saturdays afternoons and some Sunday's
    She will start dancing again maybe next year or later this year and that will also be sat morning after swim

We expect she will do milo cricket which is one afternoon a week during summer and auskick in winter which I would assume is 1-2 training sessions weekday afternoons or nights and than game day on sat or Sunday

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am planning on putting dd into jazz, tap and ballet classes because she has been asking for awhile and swimming lessons, at her school they do swimming lessons from yrs 1-3 but I want her to have already had lessons with me before lessons with the school. Ideally I would like one activity after school (mon or tues) and one activity Saturday morning but will have to see what's available.

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (17-02-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks so much ladies.

I don't want my 13 yr old step daughter to miss out on anything, but I am trying to balance her activities & my two babies (both under two). Not having her living with us previously I am still getting a handle on what most families do with regard to activities & sports. I don't want her to miss out because it's "too hard" to drive her everywhere during the week….so I want to strike a balance that both works for us but also is manageable for me & my two babies.

So far she has violin on tuesdays, art on mondays & now she wants to start martial arts on a weeknight as well - I kinda thought three weeknight activities is a bit much considering she is struggling in school a bit at the moment.

if we could do the weekend class for martial arts it would be so much easier, that way i have my husband to help with the babies as its really hard to manage pick up & drop offs with two babies sleep to manage as well.

Do you think it would be reasonable to expect the new class is on a weekend…i only ask because i need to consider what her mum will think as well, It's hard having to do what works for both families without being unfair on anybody else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine do

Monday - After school care ( I work until 5pm, I do drop them at school at 9am though)
    Tuesday - Older one does Ju Jitsu, younger one does playball. I finish work at 2pm so I can pick them up. These activities are on the school grounds which makes it really easy.
    Wednesday - Nothing (my day off work)
    Thursday - Swimming
    Friday - After school care ( Same as Monday).

I don't take them to any activities on the weekends as they go to their Dad's every second weekend and I am not going to pay for activities that they miss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If school work is a struggle, a weekend activity might be better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a good idea and reasonable to do the martial arts class on the weekend

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did do a few things on week nights but to be honest it did get quite hard for us especially when you throw 3x homework into the mix with 1 in High School. And that was before DD2 & DD3 were able to try out for things through school.

We are lucky as after school they all seem to be happy to do similar activities. School sport and creative arts are completely different though!

This year we are only doing 1 after school activity on a Monday. But because DD1 is also helping her coach out for the 2 classes before her class, Mondays pass by in a blur for us. I drop DD1, then come back home, go back for DD2 & DD3's class, go home and then one of us goes back for DD1. LOL So, there is no time to make dinner really unless it's something simple or something pre-cooked.

We do swimming lessons for 30mins on saturday mornings. Then pretty much straight away at least one of us has to take DD1 & DD2 to another gymnastics which isn't that close so its too hard to go backwards and forwards. DD1 does 2hrs training then she has team gym training for another 2hrs. DD2 has just joined the team gym so has to wait around for her turn.

DD3 pointed out its not fair and that she should get another activity and wants swimming. LOL You do have to be fair. So, I still have to figure that out. At least excvept for that they are happy with similar activities I guess.

Then during school DD2 & DD3 are in different sports with different lunch time training days. Then DD3 picked one creative arts group and wants to try out for the performance group which if she gets in will mean 1 lunch time and 1 practice for 30mins before school starts. Then DD2 has picked 2 different creative arts groups with 1 practicing lunch times with performances during the year and the other practicing 1 morning 1 hour before school starts also with performances during the year. (Different early morning to DD3)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would add that I think since she is struggling in school I would leave it at the 2 activities on weeknights. The only thing I would consider is a Friday but yeah, saturdays are preferable for me as I have DH to help even now that my babies aren't babies anymore.

Two babies is hard work when it comes to after school activities. DD1 at one stage did Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and it wasn't easy when DD2 & DD3 were babies. Homework was hard too with pretty much just wednesdays available to do anything that took longer than a few minutes. (They used to give out homework on the Monday and it was due on the Friday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seeing she's struggling maybe do the extra activity on the weekend.

My eldest starts afl training in a few weeks, games to be on Saturday, my middle boy does roller skating on Saturday and they both do swimming at school.