+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the hats is a little over the top. Although there may have been a reason like head lice or something. In that instance I would rather wash a hat everyday than my child get head lice.

The drink bottle, I would think you would want to wash it everyday! They get gross so quick. The carers don't only have to wash your child's drink bottle, but the rest of the children's as well. I wash my children's bottles out everyday, although they are now in school.

The carers aren't being paid extra when your fees are raised. I would have thought you would rather the cares supervising your child and interacting than spending time washing hats and bottles.
    Last edited by PomPoms; 21-02-2012 at 22:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take home the drink bottle daily to wash out and the hat weekly to wash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I take dd drink bottle and hat home each day I wash the drink bottle out each night and wash the hat once a week. I don't really see the big deal in washing a drink bottle out each night, washing the hat each night is a little ott though

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymonster View Post
    I work in childcare.. Have been at the same centre for a good 7 years.. I know my boss quite well. I pay childcare fees and yes they are large but i can tell u centres dont make massive profits.. We put our fees up a couple of dollars the other week because rent went up ALOT.. Our wage never went up.. To make aby sort of a profit we must be over 90% full also... Why we get parents to take home their kids bottle is 1.. We have enough to do during the day.. And 2 i dont know where we would store all these bottles..it really isnt as simple as cleaning a few bottles. Thats my rant done

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    I completely agree . Also wanted to add that if parents take the bottle at the end of the day then the child is never without it. Whereas of carers have to wash it they can't wait until the end of the day when children have gone home because they have a hundred jobs to do and if they took them and washed them earlier in the afternoon then the children that are their late would not have a drink bottle for the afternoon as it would be in a dishwasher .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not too sure what the big deal is about the water bottle, child care workers are already overworked and underpaid they don't need to spending extra time cleaning out 20 drink bottles every night when it's easier for the parents to take them home and do it. Also the complaints about the $2 a week increase, I'm not sure the exact percentage but I think it's roughly 80-90% of childcare centres are now not for profit centres, the extra $2 you pay a week doesn't go towards the owners or even the staff it covers increases in rent, electricity, phone, food and all the art and craft stuff that they have for the kids. Most of those costs increase every year so it makes sense that the childcare centres would have their fees increase too so that they can cover their expenses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would rather the teacher's spent time supervising & playing with my child than doing the washing up.

I wouldn't be washing the hat every day, once a week would be plenty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    super old thread alert

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (20-07-2013),ozeymumof5  (22-07-2013),RobinSparkles  (19-07-2013),Uh-Oh  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hat meh, drink bottle yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I've ever wash DDs hat, she's 3 & her head grows so quickly we're forever having to buy a new hat.. And I've lost a few too.

Drink bottles I understand but yeah, I just pack her stuff up and leave it in her bag.