+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds hat never gets washed, but then hes 18months and they prob only spend maximum 30mins out in the sunny hat area. The first centre he was at actually provided hats.

Drink bottles. I take one home everyday wash and refill with milk. The other one I took on his first day and has never come home, they wash it at the end of everyday and fill it with water in the morning for thru out the day. Its even moved rooms with him, they keep them in a basket so if you a parent wants they can take it home or replace it but I havent!

I pay $75 a day at a fairly big centre...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never washed my ds's drink bottle or hat at cc. Was never asked to.

For my ds's kinder they ask us to leave his hat there and then at the end of the term take it home to be washed! . He does bring a drink bottle each day, but he's at a kindergarten, not a childcare centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Water bottle - I have two the same & he takes a clean one every day.

Our centre has a sign that says 'please take hats home every week and wash' and I suspect I'm the only parent who does. It's not at all mentioned or enforced.

Last centre I worked at though we washed the drink bottles every night and hats every fortnight.
    I think that is why I'm cranky. The bottles were just a job we did at the end of the day. It took two seconds and it saved the parents having to worry about it. These days it seems to be the less some can do the better, and every 6 months the fees go up another $2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even when I didnt have to I took home the kids water bottles - made me feel better doing it myself.

The kids hats just got tossed in the wash over the weekend.

What are they going to do - sniff the hat for freshness every day? sniff sniff - I smell sweaty little head..... no play for you sonny!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Smyles  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS! Wait til you get to school and you see the list of jobs they have waiting for you!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

mitty  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in childcare.. Have been at the same centre for a good 7 years.. I know my boss quite well. I pay childcare fees and yes they are large but i can tell u centres dont make massive profits.. We put our fees up a couple of dollars the other week because rent went up ALOT.. Our wage never went up.. To make aby sort of a profit we must be over 90% full also... Why we get parents to take home their kids bottle is 1.. We have enough to do during the day.. And 2 i dont know where we would store all these bottles..it really isnt as simple as cleaning a few bottles. Thats my rant done

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little talks For This Useful Post:

mitty  (21-02-2012),PomPoms  (21-02-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    Even when I didnt have to I took home the kids water bottles - made me feel better doing it myself.

The kids hats just got tossed in the wash over the weekend.

What are they going to do - sniff the hat for freshness every day? sniff sniff - I smell sweaty little head..... no play for you sonny!!!
    Lol lol lol lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always take my son's drink bottle home & take a clean one the next day. I don't think it's the responsibility of the cc to do it bathe carers have enough to do eg supervise the children at all times! I also know its been cleaned properly if I do it.
    Also wash his hat weekly as he has had nitts & it's very annoying to kill & clean up after he had them. I don't want them ever again!! Plus it gets grotty with sweat n sunscreen plus sand & dirt.
    I also work in childcare & a centre i worked at, it's not up to staff to clean any bottles unless milk bottles & thats for the kids there full time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our day care provides hats and drink bottles/cups for the kids so nothing for us parents to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey, i too work in child care. Have seen what is in a bottle that hasnt been taken home and washed after a few weeks, even a week in some cases. They are putrid and nearly makes me vomit. Mould, yucky gooby bits and god knows what else. Have had to throw some out due to the disgustingness of the bottle. Taking it home is a good idea and not just a rinse out a good wash out with a bottle brush.

Unfortunatly Educators just don't have the time anymore to do all these extra things, some rooms have about 30 different children over the entire week.
    i would rather my child care provider spend good quality time planning and completing all the required observations, paperwork, settling my child at rest time, making sure everything is 100% therefore providing fantastic care. Then doing stuff that parents should be doing.

Once kids get to primary school we don't expect the teachers to wash out drink bottles or lunch boxes.

As for washing hats everynight that is a bit over the top, maybe nits are going around but then there would be a notice up if that was the case. I think I wash my kids hats once a year if that lol.

but if it is an issue then purchase a good supply of hats and drink bottles so you can provide clean ones.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mitty For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (21-02-2012)