+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default More for us to do at child care...

There is a new lady in my dd class at cc and she informed me today that she would like me to take home my dd's hat and drinkbottle to wash every night and return it the next day. I pay $78 a day for my dd to go and I feel like the rise in cost so too is their expectations of us as parents. I don't have time to wash a hat each night and surely it would take 5 minutes to wash out drink bottles for the next day. I worked in cc for 7 years and we just did those things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dont understand why she would want hats washed every night? Weekly i could understand but not nightly. As for drink bottles i dont have an issue with as we used to supply our own and took all of 2 secs to wash it each time.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perhaps they've had lice and that's why they want hats washed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    Perhaps they've had lice and that's why they want hats washed?
    I was thinking that however all the centres i have been in have washing machines and dryers and for headlice we have usually always been given a letter to say its around or a botice on front door.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That seems really unreasonable to me. What if you don't need to do a load of washing every night, what are you meant to do, hand wash it? I guess it depends on whose property it is. Theirs =they wash it, yours = you wash it when you choose, not when CC tells you to.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That seems pretty weird to me. Most our kids hats stay at the center in their hat pockets every day all year. We wash them if they get pretty grubby or contaminated from body fluids (urine etc) and some our childrens hats have been at the centre now for five years.
    I don't take dd's hat home except by accident. I don't take her drink bottle home either I just rinse it out in her room and refill it and put it back on the drinks tray. But dd is probably one of 5 -10 kids out of 100 who take drink bottles as we have water trays in each room and drink containers outside. The other kids patents take them and refill them daily (most don't being water in them though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take the hat home and take the drink bottle home. Keep them both in your DD's CC bag. Pretend you washed them. As if they would know the difference.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humphreyisapuppet For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't provide drink bottles at my DC. As for washing the hat, well I couldn't tell you the last time I washed his hat tbh. That's a bit embarrassing, but it's true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thats a bit much expecting a hat washed everyday.

i do wash DD's at the end of each week as she's a grot but i wouldnt do it everyday!

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have just started my kids in daycare, 2 days a week and I just already did take their hat and drink bottle home and bring it back each day... I don't see the issues with having to take the drink bottle home and cleaning it, I do dishes after dinner each night, so thats no biggy. i do wonder why they want the hat washed each night though? I wash my kids hats rarely, so I can't ever see mysef doing it nightly. I would ask them why they want that and if they seriously think you wash clothes nightly.