+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default My Kitchen Rules Spin Off- Your Menu?

I love this show & absolutely adore Manu! hehe..
    So... what would your menu consist of if you were on the show?
    Or what would be your fantasy menu?

Mine:

Entree: My nanna's Polish Borchst (sp) soup with home made rye bread & butter (miss my nanna ) OR.....something to do with prawns! Nice big king prawns!

Main: Chicken breast stuffed with Chorizo sausage, topped with hot salsa, served on a bed of creamy garlic mashed potato, served with green beans & mixed salad
    (my DH makes this for me, he "invented" it, LOL.. my absolute faaave!)

Dessert: I'm not sure, but something with chocolate & raspberries!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 16-02-2012 at 17:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been thinking about this and was going to start this thread! Still haven't decided. Will make my mind up and be back soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Manu too!!! Yummy.

I constantly think about this! As I like to consider myself a bit of a foodie!!! But I have no idea on entree.... Maybe...
    Entree: ??? Maybe like quail or something fancy that I'd have to learn how to cook!!!
    Main: Pan fried duck breast with red wine jus and sides of scalloped potato and asparagus ... Not sure really. Or Parmesan crusted lamb rack.
    Dessert: definitely my chocolate souffle. (it's the only dessert I'm good at!!! Everything else is a disaster, desserts not my thing)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok i've made my mind up I'd go a Japanese theme.

Entree: Beef tataki, and agedashi tofu

Main: mini sukiyaki hotpots or chicken teriyaki with sesame dressed spinach and soba noodle salad

Main: little chocolate fondants or some sort of cheesecake (no lavender soap flavour though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OOh nice thread! This is constantly on my mind too - what would I cook!?

Entree: Plum glazed duck breast on a mushroom salad
    Main: Slow cooked pork belly with star anise jus, served with sweet potato mash and greens.
    Dessert: Chocolate and hazlenut pavlova or individual meringues with strawberries and cream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    I've been thinking about this and was going to start this thread! Still haven't decided. Will make my mind up and be back soon.
    Me toooo! Except you decided already! I'll be back

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm yum!!

I would go simple but yummy.

Entree: crushed pea, mascapone and pecorino bruschetta.

Main: chicken breast stuffed with basil and mozzarella, wrapped in proscitto with a tomato sauce and side of creamy mash and asparagus.

Dessert: probably a lime meringue pie.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm I always think I'd like to do this with my mum but we'd fight too much in the kitchen..

Entree - Asian style vermicelli noodles with prawns, crunchy julienne vegetables and mint.

Main - Pan fried Atlantic salmon with a lime, mandarine and ginger dressing served on grilled asparagus.

Dessert - white chocolate cheesecake with mixed berry sorbet

Oh goodness! I wish I could eat all this now.. Go away morning sickness :-(

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wowsers! I want to have a dinner party with you ladies!!

You all put my menu to shame. I want to make something with a Jus as well, just so I can say "served with a Ju".. no 's' sound.. lol..

Going to go watch MKR right now Go Victoria!!!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Ok i've made my mind up I'd go a Japanese theme.

Entree: Beef tataki, and agedashi tofu

Main: mini sukiyaki hotpots or chicken teriyaki with sesame dressed spinach and soba noodle salad

Main: little chocolate fondants or some sort of cheesecake (no lavender soap flavour though)
    oh yum.. im coming to your restuarant!!! but I am gonna be difficult and say i don't want bonito flakes on the agedashi tofu

as for me- geez I have no idea - I have been thinking for 3 season and can never decide.

I woul dhonestly have to say i would do really basic and make sure everything was home grown from our veggies on our animals (that would have to be our 'theme' kinda thing)

what would i actually god i dunno....would all have to be in season. I do make a wicket tart tartin so maybe that?