View Poll Results: Do you have a backyard?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 72.88%
  • No, I have a small courtyard

9 15.25%
  • No, I live in an apartment complex

3 5.08%
  • Other?

4 6.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a pretty decent backyard. A good sized grassed area and then a concrete area (great for bike riding and chalk). Also a veggie patch and fruit trees which is good with the kids as we can go and water the plants, watch the vegetables/fruit grow and then pick them and eat them
    I love having a backyard and it was one thing that really important to me when buying a house. I don't want to have go to the park everyday but my kids love being outside so it's very useful having a decent backyard to play in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are just under an hour from city..we have an acre land..lots of grass (too much !!!!) big amazing cubby house ..small version of the house..with electricity..
    Hot tub..sand pit ..slide.....she has it all!!!!

We sold our city place ..to have more space..although I miss living in the heart of city ..sometimes ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes. We have 6 acres. The house we are in now, temporarily, is on about an .acre

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Small courtyard. I'd love a backyard but at least this is low maintenance! DH grew up in Asia and can't understand why anyone would want a backyard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, we live about 45 mins - an hour drive from melbourne CBD and we have quite a big backyard, plus a huge patio area. it's great having a big yard for the kids, I have a big vegetable garden and we have a puppy now too which they (and DH) are in love with, but I have to admit I'd give up the big house and lot if we could live closer to the city. I miss it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a postage stamp too! LOL...well it may be more like the envelope, but its still pretty small. Luckily we live across the road to a park, but I dream of living on 2 acres. Hubby's parents live on 5 acres so space is awesome.

But, where we live is very central to everything including the primary and secondary schools my girls are going to go to. One day when they've flown the coup, we might have our tree change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theres a backyard. It's just not useable. The builder has made it to dangerous for my DD to play in. There is old wire from the old foundations scattered around he even put bulk of it in her sand pit.....So until our extention is done and the back is cleaned up she has to play out the front which is not a very big area anyways and that is even dangerous when it gets wet. Gets so slippery.

Long story short have a backyard but no use of it.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, we have about 20x5m, a cubby/swing set and a sand pit plus enough paving around the alfresco area and side* of the house for the boys to ride their bikes. I just wish the owner would do the garden beds

*side, not like under a washing line (we have that too).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a backyard, but it's occupied by a pool. The only grass we have is the council strip out the front. We are renting and we are looking to buy this year and we want something that's big enough to fit a pool and have a bit of grass (enough for a trampoline and a dog and some chickens). We won't get any more than that because we are 20 minutes out of the city, and not prepared to move further out. Houses aren't cheap here.

We are very lucky where we are, we have great neighbours who have a yard instead of a pool and our kids go over there and play sometimes, plus we have parks really close. DS is a real outdoors kid though and he NEEDS a yard. My DD's are really happy with the set up we have.