View Poll Results: Do you have a backyard?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 72.88%
  • No, I have a small courtyard

9 15.25%
  • No, I live in an apartment complex

3 5.08%
  • Other?

4 6.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you have a backyard?

And by backyard I mean a 'reasonable' amount of room to run around... probably with grass?

As we would all be well aware, average land size is shrinking, especially if you live in a city.

I'll add a poll.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for me, we have a paved courtyard.

I would LOVE to have more outside space, but the $$$ necessary to achieve this have ruled it out for now at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are currently renting a property with an acre backyard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, it means we had to move further out than I'd planned but still only 20 mins from the city. I would seriously struggle with three kids and no yard. I think the trampoline saves my sanity. And I love my hills hoist.

When we were saving for our deposit we lives in lots of flats, and I really think its part of the reason I fou d it hard with two littlies- I couldn't just open the backyard and let them run wild.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. Fenced out the back, unfenced front yard with garden bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    at the moment our rental has a large backyard. we have plenty of room for a swingset, trampoline, puppy and a dozen chickens.

when our new house is finished we'll have 60acres

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a courtyard with grass. It's ok sized as far as courtyards are and I am glad I have room to put a climbing frame and wading pool and outdoor setting. However I grew up with a massive garden with a pool. All we did was play outside all day every day. I do wonder what my girls are missing out on...

DH wants to move closer to the city which would mean less room. I swing between thinking it doesn't matter and a courtyard is fine.. to wanting to move into the country where we could afford to buy a big house with a good amount of land and have animals and kids running around...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, we are lucky to have a fairly big backyard with room for a cubby, swing set, trampoline and clothes line and grass to run on (and mow!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    We have a courtyard with grass. It's ok sized as far as courtyards are and I am glad I have room to put a climbing frame and wading pool and outdoor setting. However I grew up with a massive garden with a pool. All we did was play outside all day every day. I do wonder what my girls are missing out on...

DH wants to move closer to the city which would mean less room. I swing between thinking it doesn't matter and a courtyard is fine.. to wanting to move into the country where we could afford to buy a big house with a good amount of land and have animals and kids running around...
    This is us too, nearly word for word!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We have a massive back yard but its unusable due to to bull ants that are every where.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub