+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tips on study?

Ok so I have a 2yo toddler, am self employed/work from home and have the diploma of naturopathy waiting here for me to complete!
    Toddler now goes to daycare 1 day a week, but I seem to spend this day working and not getting much study done.
    Any tips on how to squeeze in some study??? Am expecting number 2 in may so am wanting to get motivated and keep the ball rolling soon after the newborn stage settles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugarplum!

I usually take my text book or course materials with me wherever I know I'm going to have a wait (hairdresser, doctors etc) - anywhere really. I also read a little in bed.

I also find really effective note taking a great way to remember materials - if you write something down you are more likley to remember it than if you just read it once.

I don't have kids at the moment (expecting number 1 this year!) but am ridiculously busy being self-employed so have to find sneaky time to fit in the study already.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks thats a brilliant tip! Will do this, starting tomorrow at my antenatal appointment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's tricky studying with a little one (or two)! I do mine mainly if Dd naps, I try to study for an hour or two then. Also now she is at daycare once a week I do lots on those days. Also, if you have the option then my DD has the occasional night at her grandmaq's and I get a whole day uninterrupted then!! Planning the semester out helps for me, so I get a picture of where assignment/exams fall and how I can get some free time around them.

Good luck, it is hard to concentrate with toddlers around but Great to combine study and being a mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I think the best way is when the babies are sleeping too..problem
    Is at the moment I feel like napping too lol!