+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Exhaustion & sucking it up..

Hey guys,

I need some advice, I am feeling absolutely awful today. I slept nearly 8-9 hours last night with what I think was minimal disruption from DS but I feel exhausted, hot, dizzy and I dont want to move. I haven't been overly physical today and can't put my finger on whats wrong with me.

I don't think I'm depressed ( I know some of the symptoms can be similar), I don't know if I'm just pregnant or coming down with something. DS is happily watching ice age but wants to go outside occasionally and I just 100% can't and I get really cross at him.

HELP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I felt the same today too. Could hardly get out of bed and I felt like I had the flu but I don't. I'm pregnant and due in May. From my last two pregnancies I know this can happen when I am exhausted and too hot. Today was really hot in Melbourne so that's why I think I felt so dizzy and sick.

I would put it down to being pregnant!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could it be dehydration?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get days like that too - more recently more days! I have a 3yr old DD too and I really do think that makes such a difference. Her behaviour has changed as I become less and less patient. I'm not sleeping well, but even on the nights that I do sleep I'm foul and can't be bothered.
    I was beginning to panic how I'd cope with 2 - we have no family in Aus and I was adamant I didn't want my mum coming out to help.... I gave in on Monday after having the worst day, and she's booked to come out a couple of weeks before I'm due which I thought might make me less stressful. WRONG! Now I'm stressing about my 70yr young mother coming all the way from the UK on her own!
    This is my theory on the 'can't be arsed' days - lack of sleep, heat exhaustion (especially here in Perth) and looking after a 3yr old (even when they're being angels).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt like this a few months ago (i'm now 24 weeks), but I couldn't move, I drank heaps of water and made myself a massive salad and fruit salad and ate them over a day or 2... I felt absolutely awesome after that!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to webby For This Useful Post:

TinyLittleTootsies  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I felt like this a few months ago (i'm now 24 weeks), but I couldn't move, I drank heaps of water and made myself a massive salad and fruit salad and ate them over a day or 2... I felt absolutely awesome after that!!
    So true... I was just thinking I need to do this. I have slipped up in the last few days and started eating junk food/salty snacks. I think it's all contributing for me personally. Now I am craving a massive fruit salad with passion fruit drizzled on top.

OP are you feeling any better now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get like that when I was pregnant and I had low iron, even tho I was taking iron supplements I'd still feel dizzy and exhausted a lot of the time. Could it be that? Hope you're feeling better now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with PP, have you had your iron levels checked? I was ready to go back to bed at 10am every day and started taking floradix daily and it made a HUGE difference!

Maybe also try to get some exercise. If you're hot, go for a swim and do some laps. It always makes me feel 100 times better.

With my second pregnancy, I was tired the whole way through - I never got that second trimester 'bounce' back. You don't have the luxury to come home and go to bed at 5pm when you have another child to look after!