+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC Tips?

We have just started TTC number 4, and yesterday had a negative. I know you never fall first time, but Im wondering what can help us along?
    I have started walking 20 mins in the morning and 40 in the afternoon on week days to take my son to school, and im doing auqarobics twice a week.
    I have heard that being fit and healthy increases your chance of falling pregnant, but then I have heard exercising too much can reduce your fertility???
    I was told that having sex every second night your fertile as it gives the swimmers a chance to fully develop, but from what I have read, your best to have sex every night your fertile??
    Any help, advice, tips or tricks would be wonderful
    Thanks in advance xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Bubble,

My DH and I actually did fall pregnant first go in December

I measured my basal body temperature every morning for a couple of months before we started TTC to check exactly when in my cycle I ovulated (I found it wasn't CD14 even though I have 28 day cycles, it was more like CD17/18 so we had to adjust when we tried to suit).

We had sex every second day, I read that it is best to let the sperm count regenerate for best chances.

I cut out almost all alcohol while TTC and a lot of processed foods, DH did similar and I started on Blackmore's 'conceive well' multivitamins.

You would need to exercise an extreme amount to affect your fertility - like be a super fit lean woman who stopped having periods. A few walks will definately not get you there and will only do you good - I was walking too.

And I think the other key is to relax! And have fun :-) Goodluck!

PS - Observing the effects of gravity after DTD can't hurt either! And orgasming at the same time apparently helps with all the muscle contractions going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP and I fell pregnant first try too.

In the months leading up to our TCC journey, I was taking fish oil, folic acid and lots of magnesium.

I was giving DP zinc, fish oils and lots of magnesium.

I didn't have any alcohol, and I ate a healthier diet.

My BMI was in the lower end of "normal" (not sure if this makes any difference really).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to say too...we DTD every day, and sometimes twice a day, in the week of ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also conceived first time for BOTH my kids! With irregular periods! I am fit and my BMI is underweight (fast metabolism). I took Elevit. I think that being aware of your likely ovulation days and being generally reasonably healthy is your best and simplest bet good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that just proved me wrong lol
    I have heard that the bbt can be off a bit, has anyone tried use the CM method to check for ovulation?

Im eating much healthier, and getting fit, and ill be putting hubby on menevit and taking elevit myself, I have cut down on my smoking and only drink once a week, and only about 3 when I do.
    After DTD i do put a pillow under my bum, but it feels a bit silly lol
    Im not sure weather to commit to a plan of action such as DTD every second day, or alternate for each cycle?
    It took 4 months of ovulation tests and pregnancy vitamins before i was too stressed to keep going when we tried for our second.
    2 Months after we stopped trying I was pregnant
    Our first and 3rd were surprise babies It seems so much simpler!!
    I have I didnt think to plan ahead, as soon as we agreed that we wanted another bubby, we just went for it lol, i havent taken my temp, dont think i even own a thermometer (wouldnt even know where to buy one hahaha!!!)
    Thanks for your help and advice

P.S Nat11 whats OPK? hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and used the methods in there. We fell on our second cycle. I was generally fit and healthy and we DTD every fertile day. I was thinking if we did 2-3 cycles with no luck we'd switch to every second day instead. I actually found charting etc made it less stressful for me - I knew exactly when we should be trying, and when we could just relax. It is also what prompted me to test the day we got our BFP, because I knew my temp should have dropped by then even though AF wasn't due for another couple of days. So that was handy. Also means I have a better idea of my EDD than I would otherwise (I had slightly irregular cycles). Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after the first 'round' being a neg, i thought it would take a while and with an early neg our second time around, we were going to take a 2 month break, get on multivitamins, and starts again.....but second time around was a charm, we didnt DTD every day, actually only 2 times around ovulation as hubbty was so tired from work and i was reserved to it being a neg after the early test!!!
    im now 6w1d YAY!!!!! Thanks for your advice ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    buy ovulation tests from ebay. they are cheap and work