+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red face excessive sweating during pregnancy. what can i do....

im not talking about a little bit of sweating, im talking where ever i sit/lay it always drenched.

its like i have been swimming in as many clothes as i can, got out of pool and sat or layed on my bed without drying off. i have the fan on the highest setting ALL the time. i dont even feel hot, its all the time. its excessive and its gross, i feel yucky and it does not do my confidence any favours. dh is always saying stuff about it and it doesnt make me feel good.

and the problem is, its not limited to one area of my body, it all over- my arms, legs, back, chest, bum.... everywhere.
    i have a shower and then 5 mins later im back to being as sweaty as i was before. i
    dont know what to do about it. is there anything i can do?

please tell me im not the only one with this problem.
    Last edited by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo; 16-02-2012 at 14:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's just probably one of those "fun" pregnancy symptoms.

I don't sweat excessively, but I know that even on cooler days I feel boiling hot and sweaty after doing simple things like the shopping! I'll be sitting there with my sarong on and the fan blasting at me and DH will say "it's not even hot". And I've been resting my feet on ice packs some days as they are boiling too.

Not long to go now and our bodies will start to go back to normal. Hang in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got night sweats while pregnant, I'm not usually a sweaty person. Another of the joys of pregnancy! :-P

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sweat bad during preg too , wearing sleeveless tops helped a bit as I hate the wet feeling from my clothes not to mention the look of soaked armpits:0 and changing tops often to keep dry too. Nothing much you can do about it tho, just try to keep the area dry as possible to reduce rashes , I even used a bit of talc under my arms which sort of soaked some of it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sue to wake up boiling in the middle of the night! And I was pregnant in Sydney so god knows what I will be like in Darwin. I think its a combination of pregnancy and a welcome to the ridiculous heat and humidity we experience in Darwin! I always said my son would never be a baby just in a nappy... well guess who's eating their words now!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i run hot when pregnant too. ive had 3 showers and its 2pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I get sweaty/hot when pregnant.
    I don't mind being sweaty while pregnant, what I hated is that when I breastfeed my underarms/sweat stinks! It is so annoying! I ended up throwing out my breastfeeding tops both times, as after a few weeks in the start, they just stunk so I didn't want to keep them! Luckily it settles down, but must be the influx of hormones at the begining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Acupuncture put an end to night sweats for me during pregnancy. Could be worth a try!!