+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was also going to mention Sue Dengate and the Failsafe Diet.

The testimonies on her website are nothing short of amazing.

I know that myself and DD1 have had massive improvements ourselves in different areas since starting it.

It would be worth a try anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see from your post you are in Brisbane, and I'm assuming your friend is there too. I work as a psychologist in NSW, but in Sydney there are a number of centres that are designed to help families and childre overcome emotional and behavioural issues.

There is Coral Tree which is for families with younger children (such as an 11 year old) which provides families with a week of accommodation including family and individual therapy, school, medical and psychological assessments, etc. children and families leave with an action plan, follow up appointments with Drs and psychologists in their local community, as well as the option to return to Coral Tree for a follow up visit. I've referred a few families with wonderful success.

Older students can go to Redbank House which is attached to Westmeade Hospital, or alternatively there is Rivendell which is attached to Concord Hospital and for the children only (no family therapy or support program's offered).

Could you try googling these and see if there is something similar in QLD? All ther service are free, and I think all three are linked to the department of education as they have schools and educational programs

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wickedly Happy For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (16-02-2012),Ulysses  (16-02-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sounds like psychological issues to me & considering the situation you have described it is not uncommon for young boys in similar situations to have anger issues.

I would be directing her to any psychological services that are available such as wickedlyhappy has provided in the previous post.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the fact that she is posting those pics on fb is a scream for help. Poor woman. Poor kids. I'd get child services involved ASAP. She can ring or you can. Ask her permission to call for help and advice. They can ensure the little ones are ok and put supports in place for mum and the other kids, as well as suggesting assessment and treatment plans for the boy. Kids don't get angry about nothing, it could be about his dad or anything, or it could be a physical or mental problem. Either way, treatment is available. "Avoiding the system" as someone suggested will only delay further the family getting the help the mother and boy are clearly needing, and the other kids likely need too. And he's punching holes in walls now. It's possible he'll soon move to punching people and once that's on your record you can't shake it. Someone needs to protect that kid from himself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for your replies. I am seeing her this week so will let he know what you have all suggested and might even do some more investigating and researching for her too.
    Thanks again xxx

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i hope thing improve for her!