+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spideysmummy View Post
    Ds is only 10 months and dh has bathed with him once

Makes me sad that he is so uncomfortable with his body he doesn't like his BABY seeing his body.

Anyway... I will continue to do so until ds (& future kids) are uncomfortable. However I will never hide my body. If I'm showering, getting dressed or whatever and the kids happen to be around, well meh.

I want my kids to be confident with their bodies especially in their own home, I believe part of this is not freaking out & hiding if they happen to walk in.

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!
    Totally agree with this philosophy this is what dh and I will donas dd grows older and more kids arrive I even want dd who will be just under three at the birth of newbie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When bub doesn't want to anymore. Eldest is almost 4 and bathes with me and his mum and his dad (not all at once). We also all swim naked

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Naked house here too ...

My kids still happily shower with me or DH. DD is 10, nearly 11yo and DS is 9yo. Bub has a solo bath as we don't fit in her tub - lol.

When we had a house with a pool, we only bothered with swimmers if we had visitors. We all sit around on the weekends watching tv naked and even though we all own PJs, they are only worn when we have visitors.

I prefer if visitors call ahead first as they are likely to get an eyeful if they don't! There have been many occasions whereby one of us answers the door with hurriedly thrown on clothes (often inside out) whilst the rest of us hide around the corner giggling quietly.

It will be up to our kids when they want us to cover up or they choose to cover themselves up. DD has already developed breasts and has pubic hair - it has never once elicited any comments from DS as he knows that the body goes through changes and sees the difference between childs and adults bodies as completely normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Open door here too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wear pretty minimal clothing now its summer, I always have to wear bra and undies though, as bub seems to think the boobs exist only for her use, so if they are out, its on!

DS and DD cannot shower together as DD seems to find his junk entertaining. So now if they are naked together he starts shreiking "She going to grab my willieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" its actually pretty funny.

My mum was always naked, but she only had daughters, so I dont now if its a bit weirder to be naked around a son, but it doesnt seem to bother me or him for now, so I'm ok with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Not looking forward to it! I pick dd up she is filthy, dh gets home and he is filthy. The first thing they do when they get home is swim and shower its " Thier time" that they both love so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    i do wish that i could shower on my own sometimes though, without two kids climbing in with me!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think we'll be a very naked family too. DP and I hardly ever wear clothes! We live in our bedroom so we don't have to get dressed in case the housemate are around. We're comfortable with our bodies and will try to instill the same in our children when we have them.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've stopped showering with the boys, mainly because it works better for our routine for them to shower/bath without me, I don't get much alone time so when hubby is home I try to shower alone (without DD) as much as possible and he enjoys showering with her as a bonding thing. Hubby showers with DS2 most mornings he is home as DS2 is such a water babe DS1 isn't really interested. The other week I showered with all 3 of them as hubby was home and we had all gotten sandy at the beach so it was a bit of a production line

So I guess we have a don't offer but don't refuse policy, plus our boys still cosleep for almost the whole night so it's nice to get some personal space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD is 4. She will let you wash her hair in the bath then she wants you to leave her alone and she will wash herself and play with toys till she gets herself out.
    I got sick of arguing so i just sit in my room on the iphone/ laptop till she gets out. Our room is connected to the bathroom so i have no issue with it.

I think it just makes her feel independent, because she walks around naked or in her undies most of the time haha. Its not a "privacy thing"