+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What age will you stop bathing with your kids?

DH wont do it unless he has swimming trunks on! He finds it completely inappropriate for DD to be seeing his 'bits'. He's done this since she was 2 years old.

I still shower with DD (7) and wont stop doing it until she tells me she wants to bathe on her own. That said, if I had a son, id have stopped showering with him by the time he started primary school.

So it got me thinking, what age did you/will you stop bathing with your children, and is it different for your DH/DP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    we dont have an age. we seem
    to have open door
    policy.
    dh was in the shower with dd1 (7) this morning.

ds is 9 and
    likes privacy so
    will let them decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No age. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. Sometimes I leave the shower on for dd to have a tub then I use that water to bath the furry ones. It's just us 2 girls in the house so fairly relaxed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds is only 10 months and dh has bathed with him once

Makes me sad that he is so uncomfortable with his body he doesn't like his BABY seeing his body.

Anyway... I will continue to do so until ds (& future kids) are uncomfortable. However I will never hide my body. If I'm showering, getting dressed or whatever and the kids happen to be around, well meh.

I want my kids to be confident with their bodies especially in their own home, I believe part of this is not freaking out & hiding if they happen to walk in.

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always said I'd shower/bathe with them till they didn't want it anymore, but since L(6) isn't bio mine, i've found that I get a bit weirded out by him coming into the shower with me, so I tend to avoid it (only the last two months or so...and he's nearly seven).

But for the girls and my bio kids I guess, whenever they stop feeling comfortable with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I stiopped with coop when he was just turning 4 i think. I like showering on my own but he still comes in and out when he pleases.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Open door policy here as well. If they want to shower with me, I don't care. If they don't, then that's cool too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up in a "naked house" -- mum & dad were quite happy changing clothes/ showering in front of us....and they left it up to us kids as to when we decided we wanted our own privacy in the bathroom & they respected that.

I'll be doing the same sort of thing with my kids -- I want them to have body confidence & not be ashamed of their bodies, but I also want them to be the ones who decides what is appropriate & comfortable for them, so they know that they call the shots & no one else does when it comes to their bodies.

(but I say that from a place where we are still yet to have our first, so this is just what I plan to do in future, not in practice right now!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    When it makes him uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie79 View Post
    I grew up in a "naked house"

Great description!

I still live at home, and I'll go into the bathroom to brush my teeth or whatever when my mum is in the shower and vice versa, but I don't think my dad ever had a bath with me. It's funny that they're total opposites in that regard. I remember going in the bathroom when he was in a towel to use the loo when I was about 6-7, but that's about it.