+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving interstate & Changing OB third trimester?

Hi,It looks as though i'm moving interstate for my DH work, i'm 28 weeks and will be around 32/33 weeks when we move. So aside from all the craziness of moving across the country in my third trimester I'm really not sure how it works with my health cover? Will I need to advise my health fund (Medibank)? My current OB fee is due this week, I haven't paid it yet or told OB that I wont be here (all very last minute ) but as its a 'delivery fee' I was wondering will I have to still pay it?? I know I can just ask his receptionist but would like to be somewhat prepared, honestly i'm a bit worried i'm going to have to pay two lots of fees to two different OB's?! Also, what are my chances of finding a  new OB so late on? I guess it would depend on availability of the OB etc but I was wondering if maybe there's some kind of cut off time?? I'm stressing quite a bit about this, if anyone can offer some advice/ experience that would be great thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bump. I have no idea sorry. Hopefully someone else will.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Miss Salty  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I did the same thing!

I was going public on nsw but moved to qld at 33 weeks, then went private. I was told not to pay previous ob a fee if was going private, only to pay the fee when met new ob. Actually was slot smoother than I thought it was going to be.!

One of the obs I called even said they wouldn't charge the fee as it was a 'management' fee and was so late in my pregnancy.

As of medibank I'm also with them, and didn't notify them. I had no dramas

Hope that helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to andthentherewerethree For This Useful Post:

Miss Salty  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the replies ladies, think i may have it sorted now