+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about Gladstone

Hi girls!

Dh may have a job out at Curtis island so would be living in Gladstone..

Can you tell me bout living expenses, social life, people etc. would be for a 12 month minimum...

So far I've seen rents are sky high for shacks! Eek!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump.,

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes rents are very high, it is a lovely place, great shops and cinemas, also some great schools, but everything is very expensive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "everything" isn't expensive.... Just housing lol...

Be back in 5..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Hi girls!

Dh may have a job out at Curtis island so would be living in Gladstone..

Can you tell me bout living expenses, social life, people etc. would be for a 12 month minimum...

So far I've seen rents are sky high for shacks! Eek!!!
    Okay... Living expenses.. Yes rents can be high that is the downfall, but you could look at living 10-15 mins out of town in places like Boyne Island, Tannum Sands, Benaraby, Calliope, or Beecher.. And the rents are a bit lower.

Social life.... We could be friends!!! ... No but seriously people are lovely. It's not that hard there are a few centers you can call and find out about play groups and stuff.. Otherwise it's fairly easy to just go to the pub and meet people that way.. People seem to be super friendly and I think it's partly because many of them are new people and all looking for friendships!

I'm not sure where you're living now, but any move would be a big adjustment!

Which plant is he going to on the island..? (there are currently 3) what field of work is he in..?

Anyway.. Best of luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy the Hippo View Post
    Okay... Living expenses.. Yes rents can be high that is the downfall, but you could look at living 10-15 mins out of town in places like Boyne Island, Tannum Sands, Benaraby, Calliope, or Beecher.. And the rents are a bit lower.

Social life.... We could be friends!!! ... No but seriously people are lovely. It's not that hard there are a few centers you can call and find out about play groups and stuff.. Otherwise it's fairly easy to just go to the pub and meet people that way.. People seem to be super friendly and I think it's partly because many of them are new people and all looking for friendships!

I'm not sure where you're living now, but any move would be a big adjustment!

Which plant is he going to on the island..? (there are currently 3) what field of work is he in..?

Anyway.. Best of luck!!
    Hi there Pippy,

Thanks so much for your reply! Much appreciated!

Ok Ill have a look on realestate.com and see whats around.. is it a safe place to live? Im on the Gold Coast atm, born and bred here so yes I know it will be a massive change... But in saying that I am happy for the change as we are over the coast, its not safe and we dont want to raise a family here anymore.

We dont have kids yet... hopefully can change that at the end of the month when we cycle again!

Yes friends sounds good!!

Not sure where he will be, hes going to an interview tomorrow. He will be doing soil testing and all that jazz... tbh i have no idea!

Anything else I should know? You def dont have long til your bub arrives! how exciting!!! What are the hospitals like up there? Any private?

Thanks again for your post ! really appreicate it!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey pippy!

Looks like we will be neighbours! Dh got the job! Eek! I'm excited! If you don't mind me asking where abouts do u live?