+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At least with Abbott you get what your given, he doesn't hide what or who he is. He also says they are his beliefs not what he thinks we should all believe. He seems like an average family man who lives in the real world.
    Sh$t does come out of his mouth but that is because he has trouble lying when asked questions so he does end up sounding stoopid!!! I prefer this, because with Julia, lying comes very naturally and it also comes with that highly annoying voice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    At least with Abbott you get what your given, he doesn't hide what or who he is. He also says they are his beliefs not what he thinks we should all believe. He seems like an average family man who lives in the real world.
    Sh$t does come out of his mouth but that is because he has trouble lying when asked questions so he does end up sounding stoopid!!! I prefer this, because with Julia, lying comes very naturally and it also comes with that highly annoying voice.
    What rot. As health minister he blocked certain things because they didn't agree with HIS catholic beliefs. He also brings HIS catholic beliefs into the gay marriage debate.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (25-02-2012),fiddlesticks  (25-02-2012),misskittyfantastico  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not Catholic and personally don't agree with a lot of their religion. But he is Catholic and has very strong views on certain things. I support gay marriage, Abbott is Catholic and has been brought up to believe it is wrong, what's Julia's excuse??? Many politicians are hiding their true selves and we retrospectively get to 'know' the real person. I believe we know the real Tony Abbott and some of it is very ugly but better the devil you know.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

MissPoss  (26-02-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Julia's excuse is that she is toeing the party line. The majority of party members in all corners of politics do this. The Christian Lobby is very powerful, just like many other lobbies which cause party lines to be drawn. The general thought is that the party (any of them) need to make a united front for the public and if there is not enough support in caucus due to lobby groups, the PM needs to follow the party line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I think Abbott will get in.. Sign of the times, it's predicted in the bible that large religious group will get into politics.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Everyone remembers Rudd is Catholic too, right?

He shares the same views on same sex marriage as Abbott.

I can't remember the last time Abbott actively played up his religious connections. Rudd on the other hand regularly reminded people of his faith by having camera crews waiting outside church for him on Sundays - both as Pm and Opposition Leader.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (26-02-2012),MissPoss  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh well, in that case I go for Julia :-)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Julia's excuse is that she is toeing the party line. The majority of party members in all corners of politics do this. The Christian Lobby is very powerful, just like many other lobbies which cause party lines to be drawn. The general thought is that the party (any of them) need to make a united front for the public and if there is not enough support in caucus due to lobby groups, the PM needs to follow the party line.
    But the party line changed last year to support gay marriage, and she still says she's against it. If she was just toeing the line, I'd accept her, but I personally prefer Rudd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    As far as I am concerned, ANYONE is better than Abbott. I actually hate him. Sexist, racist, homophobic. He can't keep his personal beliefs out of politics. He's everything I despise in a human being and I really hope I don't live in a country that would want him as our representative. Sadly though...
    I can't stand seeing him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    LOL

Mate it is pretty much over for Labor for the next election unfortunately.
    If Julia wins its over your right. And it looks like she will win.
    The labor party are so out of touch right now.
    How can they think Julia has any chance at the next election.
    Everyone I have come across who have voted labor their whole lives will not vote for Julia they are going for Tony simply because they hate her so much.
    How can she not be embarrassed, the people do not want you as PM go away please just go no hard feeling but just leave!

I have always voted labor but I simply can not bring myself to vote for her or the MPs who are stupid enough to back her.

So tony welcome to being the new PM you will win the next election with a landslide and the labor party only have themselves to blame. Hang your heads in shame.