+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another Progesterone Pessaries question!

Hi All!

I have just been to see an Ob/gyno to look into reasons for my 3 early miscarriages last year. I had a heap of blood tests done but in the mean time he gave me a prescription for Progesterone Pessaries to use if my bloods show nothing is wrong.

He said to start taking them as soon as I get a BFP, so should i do a HPT as soon as the TWW is up so I can take the Pessaries ASAP? I am so worried things will go wrong before I even start taking them.

I have to also take aspirin, can I take it before I get a BFP just to get in early!!

Did anyone start taking the Pessaries before a positive test?

Thank you!! I am going to be a nervous wreck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thank you. I did mention to him that I was worried it would be too late to take it when I get a BFP but he didn't 'get' my concern!

Have you used them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    • Quote Originally Posted by Emilija View Post
      Great thank you. I did mention to him that I was worried it would be too late to take it when I get a BFP but he didn't 'get' my concern!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilija View Post
    Have you used them?
    Hey, we were discussing our early losses via PM late last year. I may have yet another new name now though LOL. OUr kids are the same age.

I am starting the same treatment. I took aspirin the whole way through my cycle on advice of my Ob/gyno and he gave me a progesterone prescription to begin when I get a BFP. I too thought I should start a few days after O but mine seems to be of the same opinion as yours. I am currently 8dpo and began testing today so I can 'catch' it early lol.

Where are you up to in your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also start my pessaries soon after ovulation, usually 2 days after. I'm then told to continue taking if BFP until 12 weeks, or discontinue if AF arrives/negative blood test. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, we were discussing our early losses via PM late last year. I may have yet another new name now though LOL. OUr kids are the same age.

I PM'd you a week ago to see how you were going!

My Ob is calling next week with blood results so I will ask if I can take the aspirin during my cycle too. He didn't really go into detail about this part i think because I need to wait and see if there is something going on first. Once I speak to him he will say yes or no to TTC.

I am so stressed about knowing if I will take them soon enough so we have a chance of having another bub. Then on the other hand I am excited to finally be at the end of a sad and frustrating journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hah what a dork I am

aha sorry don't I look like a snoot LOL. The notifications go to spam and it was a month ago LOL, your time must fly

Anyhoo, glad Feb came round quickly (seems that way now lol). I had another chem last month. This is the first month on the asprin, prg and also full strength folate ( it's like 10 x stronger than the regular one).

I would have started the prg but I don't have enough to start from O. Like you I think it will be too late. Will have to see.

Hope your bloods come back clear, though a reason would be nice too hey.

we'll get off this ttc wagon one day, hopefully sooooooon. I'm over it