+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I tend to have a bit of a loose tongue IRL and sometimes let the F word fly (not around the kids though) but personally I hate the C word. I just find it common, and I don't mean commonly used, but low brow or bogan. I think it's a revolting word.

It's also context for me... if someone is a status said F I hate when my washing gets wet, then I'd think meh. But if it was like That f'ing C, I'm going to bash her... nope don't like that stuff.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use the F word occassionally when I'm really angry or making a point, but I never use the C word. I don't even say it IRL. I hate the C word!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way I see it is, it is their facebook so their choice. If I do not like it I just hide it. I do not have a right to tell them how to conduct themselves. One posts horrific things when mad but IT IS THEIR facebook and THEIR choice. I would think it OTT for someone to tell another to not post things. That is what the delete/hide button is for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I use the F word occassionally when I'm really angry or making a point, but I never use the C word. I don't even say it IRL. I hate the C word!
    Yep... this is me too. I really hate the C word and wouldn't ever use it but I often use the F word, never on fb though, only irl

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't swear much and neither does hubby so I'm always a bit taken aback when I hear or see these words, particularly when they are peppered throughout the conversation or, in this case, status updates.

I don't delete, but I ignore updates that use bad language.

For me it's as annoying as reading text that has every other word blackened out. Swear words are not real words to me. When there are so many real words omitted and replaced with vulgar language, I just lose interest.
    Last edited by TimTamsandTea; 15-02-2012 at 23:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Swearing doesn't bother me. Except for racist/homophobic statuses, or statuses that are against a political view but have just been reported like a chain status and the person posting doesn't think of it for themselves, not much does. What DOES annoy me in regards to the swearing statuses is the people who don't spell the cursed word right. I see a lot of "Fuk dis" statuses on my facebook and think "I KNOW you went to school, you were in my class for nearly ten years. I KNOW you were there the day they taught us how to spell this, so wtf?" That kind of annoys me a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't like it, I find it rude, crude and lewd and thankfully noone on my facebook friends list feels the need to write those sorts of vulgar words.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have few crude friends and I tend to ignore it the C-bomb or F-bomb are let loose on my page or theirs. It's mostly their upbringing or area that they live in that gives them that very sailor like mouths in certain instances but it's never excessive it's usually random.

I guess it's easily ignored for me because it's not like every second word they drop is swearing.

I did defriend one person because what they said was vulgar and it was describing - you know i don't even want to invoke the thought to any of you ladies but it was that disgusting.

I was shocked that he treated it as a joke, very bad taste and no longer someone I'd want to associate with.