+ Reply to Thread
    Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Puppy passing :-(

A snake got our beautiful 8 month old puppy last night. She was the most beautiful little kelpie with the sweetest nature. We loved her to pieces & am sure she was the most spoilt kelpie in the world. It was such a shock to lose her and not be able to save her. I'm devastated. She did so much with me, swims in the river, play time, even a trip to Melbourne & walks in the park! Not bad for a sheepdog. She received so much love & gave it back tenfold! I feel lost without her happy nature bouncing around me :-(

I can't believe how upset I am, I can't even see a dog food advertisement without crying let alone walk to the clothesline past her kennel :-(

I feel awful as I know in perspective their are much more awful losses in the world that people are going through... But I can't help being sad :-(

I am a horrible person for being this upset about a pet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your loss I know it's devastating especially with no warning. My thoughts are with you, dogs are mans and woman's best friend! Xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOC For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ((hugs))

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear. I cried for weeks when we lost our dog, they are such a big part of your family ((hugs))

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu21 For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

No you are not silly at all and do not let anyone make you feel that way. We lost out cat of 18 years last year, and I still get very upset thinking about it, he was a part of our family as much as anyone else.

It will take time to grieve, so don't put pressure on yourself to 'get over it' at all. Look after yourself. X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CottonCandy For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    that's terrible. Sorry for your loss, dogs are a huge part of the family, of course your going to be upset

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bronny-jane For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry . I am shedding a tear for you and your poor puppy. I know what it's like to love a dog so much and to feel completely devastated to lose them. I still cry about the death of my 14 year old doggy nearly 5 years ago.

The love and companionship of a dog is a beautiful thing. It's totally normal for you to feel this way and take time to grieve your beloved friend. May she rest in peace.... or as some believe, may she go to Rainbow Bridge and run free and happy with all the other doggies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AllCreatures For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm so sorry!! Such devastating news!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry for your loss

It's not silly to be upset about losing a family pet

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Farmerwife  (15-02-2012)

Farmerwife is offline Excited & Nervous about being a mum for the first time in August :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for your support. After reading your posts, I felt like it was ok to grieve for our puppy so when DH got home I sat with him & had a big cry then we laughed about all the silly things she did and talked about the fun we had with her. Have decided to think of all the fun we had with her instead of what we won't get to do now she's gone. Still missing her terribly and feeling sad but a little better. Will allow us time to heal from this though instead of pretending it doesn't hurt.

Thank you all so much for your support, hugs & kindness xox