+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smiles View Post
    Me 3!! Loving salt & pepper

But yummo, thanks for the ideas, I love avocado and haven't been using it.

Also, the cous cous, is it cold? Or do you cook it fresh? Is it from an instant packet - please don't take offence, I've only cooked cous cous once in the microwave, some kind of instant packet.
    Never from a packet!! I've had packet cous cous once & thought it was really gluggy.

Just equal parts dry cous cous with boiling water (1/4 cup is plenty, sometimes I have a bit less). Stir together in a bowl, cover with a saucer or whatever & leave to sit for 5 mins. Fluff up with a fork & sometimes a teeny bit of butter or olive oil & voila, yummy fluffy cous cous. It goes cold pretty quickly so the salad is lukewarm at best. Sometimes I soak the craisins in boiling water to plump them up a bit. Depends how lazy I'm feeling.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

smiles  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    This is what I've been eating everyday for lunch! Can't get enough.

Sandwich with cheese, cucumber, cherry tomato slices, red onion sliver, beetroot, mayo, salt and pepper. Yum!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub
    Also loving beetroot at the moment. Delish. Sometimes just a little baby one chopped in 2 & popped into my mouth. Yummo.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles View Post
    Me 3!! Loving salt & pepper

But yummo, thanks for the ideas, I love avocado and haven't been using it.

Also, the cous cous, is it cold? Or do you cook it fresh? Is it from an instant packet - please don't take offence, I've only cooked cous cous once in the microwave, some kind of instant packet.
    Never from a packet!! I've had packet cous cous once & thought it was really gluggy.

Just equal parts dry cous cous with boiling water (1/4 cup is plenty, sometimes I have a bit less). Stir together in a bowl, cover with a saucer or whatever & leave to sit for 5 mins. Fluff up with a fork & sometimes a teeny bit of butter or olive oil & voila, yummy fluffy cous cous. It goes cold pretty quickly so the salad is lukewarm at best. Sometimes I soak the craisins in boiling water to plump them up a bit. Depends how lazy I'm feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been having haloumi cheese salad with a little potato salad on the side or a steamed potato sometimes instead of potato I will have 1 piece of toast with home made tomato relish, it goes really well with the haloumi cheese, low fat mixed vegetable frittata, left over beef and vegie stir fry heated up, Mediterranean vegetable cob loaf. I'm trying to get in the 5 serves of vegetables lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yum, I love Haloumi! A nice little creamy, salt fix.