+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby Bonus, Family Tax Benefit A?!! Help!

So my ds is now almost 9 months and I finished receiving my paid parental lave payments in November (which was a welcome contribution to the initial costs of life with a newborn I might add). I since have become pregnant again and am in due in August without having yet returned to work so will only be entitled to the baby bonus this time around.

I was curious to know whether you can apply for your baby bonus and be receiving the family tax benefit a at the same time for another child? And who exactly is the family tax A for and would I be covered for it?

If anyones been in a similar situation please help. I don't have a whole day to spend on the phone to centre link!!

*in a world full of hate, they'll know only love* <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The answer is yes. Although Im not in exact same situation. I was recieving Family tax A and B when dd2 was born and then recieved baby bonus ( there was no baby bonus around for older two) also when bub was born I then received extra family tax A for her.

So yes your payments don't go down they simply add another payment ( FTB A) for 2nd child and you recieve baby bonus. The extra family tax benifit A payment for 2nd will be the same amount as 1st child ( ie you recieve double the amount but family tax b stays the same)

I hope this makes sense

inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you will get family tax benefit a for both children as well as the baby bonus for the new bub

One handed hubbing on the go

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great! Thanks for the help guys!
    And who is covered by family tax benefit b? Not really sure which I'm meant to apply for and which I'm not. Never really been good with filling out forms! =\

*in a world full of hate, they'll know only love* <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Family tax benefit A is payed for each child you have , determined by household income. Family Tax benefit B is paid if you are a stay at home parent or you earn very little money and are the lower earner in household (only 1 FTB B payment per fortnight per household), FTB B is basically a payment to encourage mums to stay at home and raise their kids...like a little help. But if you do work a little and stay under threshold you are also eligible.

I have 3 kids and am a SAHM so get family tax benefit A x 3
    And Family tax benefit B x 1

Hope that makes sense...and yep you still will get your fortnightly baby bonus payments to. Comes in very handy in those early months