+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think we are all in our own way supermums. I feel like a supermum if dd is happy, clean, fed and dressed (even if it is pjs on a lazy day) with some play, hugs and tickles If that's all done while there's some dishes in the sink or my hair or face isnt on I'm not bothered.

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no don't exist at all

just a stupid way of describing celebrity mums that don't actually look after their children at all because they have a nanny to do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    no don't exist at all

just a stupid way of describing celebrity mums that don't actually look after their children at all because they have a nanny to do it
    I agree! I have an old school friend who I'm now friends with on Facebook. She constantly refers to herself as a supermum (bit on herself if you ask me!). And yes she has the career and she always looks impeccable, but she also has a full time nanny and a maid! (she lives in Asia). Her life seems amazing but you have to ask yourself how much time she actually spends with her kids.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am supermum! My kids are happy, fed, clothed (when we leave the house), my house is reasonably tidy and clean (except my windows, could probably do a bit of dusting and a ton of weeding lol), I could probably do more with my hair and wear make up but it's just not me and i prefer to spend more time playing with my kids, I'm happy (as long as I get some adult interaction irl each day) so yeah I may not be the perfect mum but I am a supermum because IMO I try to focus on the important thing, my kiddies (and my happiness, otherwise I become not so supermum lol).

So what I'm trying to say is that a supermum doesn't necessarily equal the 'perfect' mum

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was ... but then it got too much and I cracked.

At the time, I was:
    * maintaining a household (including all the shoping and cooking)
    * caring for two children (incuding extra curricula activities, playdates, and parties, and teaching them to read and ride bikes)
    * organising and fascillitating family activities on a Saturday (eg trip to the beach)
    * hosting a social night (with other adults) at our house once a fortnight
    * working full time
    * studying part time
    * selling AVON on the weekends
    * volunteering at Sunday School at church.
    * and pregnant with my third child

The only thing that was lacking was the tidyness of the house. It was lowest on my priorities, so was the first to start to get swept under the proverbial carpet.

I was able to do it for a short while, but not able to cope for a long period. It got too much to hande, and I cracked. People are not meant to take that much pressure for too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know plenty of super mums!! They aren't perfect (who is?) but they are super dooper awesome mums!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    There are lots of mums that I see as super mums, because they're doing things that I can't fathom doing - they exercise, they look gorgeous, they renovate, they have beautiful gardens, they are completely engaged parents, they juggle a career and a home life. I admire them, because I feel like I'm treading water atm.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my cousins wife is. house immaculate by 930am, always perfectly groomed. she got a job as she was bored at home once the older 2 were at school, then had another 4 kids!
    she works still, and volunteers at school/church and is a lovely person.

Thanks
    Reviews

Talking well said

Quote Originally Posted by One of THOSE mums! View Post
    Depends on how you define a super mum.

My house is a disaster zone. So is my car come to think of it. I can pretty much guarantee that ds1 didn't pull the plug out of the bath last night. And that his and ds2's clothes are still on the bathroom floor. Beds aren't made. Dishes in the sink. Washing basket full waiting to be folded. Nappies waiting to be snapped. Grass over grown. Toys everywhere. Ds1 is covered in texta, and looking at ds2 I think he has been chewing on a texta too. There is half a banana sitting on my lap while I hold my coffee mug. Laptop loading while I contemplate how on earth I am going to do my work amidst the chaos.

I reckon I'm super mum because regardless of all this, my kids are clean (besides the texta but it's washable), fed (except for the half eaten banana), clothed, and happy. I don't think being a super mum is squeezing into the unrealistic ideal of what we SHOULD be like. Rather that we have happy kids who know how much they are loved! And that we are happy accepting that.
    well said