+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    My friends think I'm a supermum because I always bring freshly baked muffins, etc when we catch up. Truth is, I love baking (and eating!) and since I'm on a restricted diet, if I don't make something myself, chances are I won't be able to eat it- so its purely for my benefit!
    SAME! And because I know so much about food and health I've started a revolution with the school mums! Also that I turn up to school in my gym gear ready to goto the gym after.

But it's weird, I feel like a fraud because my house is a mess, clothes squashed here and there and I hate doing the quick run around clean with unexpected visitors and the fact I can't help dd do her homework cause I cringe! Dh has to do it or I turn into a stressed out mess! But I feed a bub all night and manage to have patience for my toddler? And braid dds hair in 2 every single morning cause I'm nit-a-phobic?! It's like I feel like all of those things don't contribute to being a good mum...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Super Mum.
    Sounds like a name you'd give a robot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think as long as you give your kids the things they need Love, Security, Food etc then you are a super mum.

My DS does not care if the house is a mess - hey he makes most of it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    I'm always lacking in some thing, if my house is spotless i will more then likely look like a hobo
    If i put in some effort to look good, i probably will skip doing dishes.
    Sometimes I just run a brush through my kids hair instead of styling it, those days tend to be the one they get a random photo taken lol
    Am I going to compare myself with another mother, hell no
    I know I do my best, I'm not cooking 3 course meals, I'm more slummy mummy then yummy ha ha
    But I'm damn happy with where I am mentally and emotionally.
    Sure I know I can put more effort into some things, but I'm no super mum. I've never seen one either... So I'm guessing man made myth to make us work even harder, while the man kicks back playing call of duty, drinking a beer and question my cooking skills lol
    Are you happy are kids happy? then that is super

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post

^^ abso-frickin-lutely!!

i love pyjama days. i quite often drop my son at the school bus in them
    i've also gone to kindy help with mismatching thongs. all i could think was 'at least i put shoes on....?'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yes, very happy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bronny-jane For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My house always has at least something messy about it, be it the floors, the kitchen, the bathroom or just random toys strewn around. But that's because I'm holding DS2 almost constantly to help settle his colic, and whenever I get a spare second I'm using it to do puzzles, craft or play games with DS1.
    I consider it a win to get a few loads of washing through, the dishes done and nutritious meals cooked and I'd much rather spend the energy I could waste on trying to be perfect on making memories for my kids, like staying up later at night setting up a pirate treasure hunt for DS1 to wake up to, preparing a fruit safari salad of animal shaped fruits to get my boy excited about breakfast and always making sure there is a new experiment to do, great story to read and organic sugar free muffins to snack on.

I would love to have perfectly plucked eyebrows, the latest fashions and a spotless house, not to mention be writing a novel, serving gourmet food and learning several languages, but on a couple of hours sleep a night if I can keep my patience and make my family feel loved that's super enough for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bronny-jane View Post
    Yes, very happy
    Then you are a super mom I know how hard it is to keep 5 kids happy, healthy etc as I have 5 myself not an easy task while also catering the the many needs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

bronny-jane  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello we are all super mums because we are doing the best we can. Remember back in the day when it was just about u, well now u do everything else for someone else before u.
    Ur a super mum the lady behind u in the super market is a super mum and I'm a super mum do u know why? Cause u love ur children and would do whatever u can for them they love u and that's all that matters. Who cares if her hair is better than urs! Or her clothes are ironed as long as ur happy and children are happy that's what I call a super mum!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I am a super Mum at all, most of the time I feel totally out of control and just hang on for the ride been a Mum/wife/employee.

But, if you asked my kids I think (hope ) that they would say I am the best Mum! Just like everyone else's kids think their Mum is the best.