+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Constant pain and burning under right breast...

Just wondering if anyone else had this pain? I am currently 30 weeks and have had a niggling pain sort of in the centre but slightly to the right under my breast since i fell pregnant, lately though it has become more of a burn and it hurts alot! Usually it burns most when I am seated, and then sometimes I will get a stabbing pain there upon standing, and I find that if I place a bit of pressure on it, the pain eases slightly. It seems to be above my uterus, so I am thinking it may be my organs all squished up or something similar? I have heard a few theories - scar tissue stretching, ligament pain, ab muscles separating?? - but was hoping someone else may have experienced this also.. I guess I am just concerned it is being put down to pregnancy pain when it could be that there could be something wrong ?
    Any thoughts/suggestions welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had this exact same pain. My osteo chick mentioned I had a rib moved or something like that on my last visit. She fixed it whatever she did however its back again. A usual osteo visit fixes me for about 4 weeks so I am due to see her again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could it be rib pain? I suffered from really bad rib pain in the place your describing.

loop is offline Two kiddos keeping me on my toes :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This may sound silly, but could it be heartburn? I had a terrible stinging pain for a few nights, even in my back, thought I had hurt a rib or funny contractions high up or something. Until I remembered my friend said the same, took two rennies and it was gone... I was glad I thought of it, finally I could sleep again...
    Anyway, just a thought...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have pain in your back aswell?? Could it be your gall bladder?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try looking up intercostal pain, I get it more on my left side than my right, but boy does it knock me for 6 when it happens. Basically the muscles between the ribs aren't happy....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is really difficult to explain what it feels like!!

It's not heartburn, sadly I suffer severe GORD and have ulcers so I am so very familiar with the pain that is heartburn I have also just started back on my Nexium tablets to help keep it at a minimum..

I wondered if it might have been a rib out, but I get a different pain that seems to fit that better.. ?

It is not my gallbladder as I no longer have one of those

It really is a mystery, especially being unable to explain the pain properly. I thought it may have been my ulcers inflamed or something like that because that area used to be quite tender before I fell pregnant but I mentioned it to the doctor yesterday and he doesn't seem too concerned really. Said it was just because everything is being pushed up. I will just keep an eye on it, I'm sure it is nothing..