Closed Thread
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell,
    Wishing you all the luck for this round. Well IUI luck for you. Im a little nervous for my app as Im in the older age catergory and have just completed a failed cycle.
    The way I see it is its cheaper and I had no embies to freeze anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell,

I started with Monash a while ago, failed ivf and failed FET. Then moved to QFG and had 4 ivf's, 3rd was postive but ended in Ectopic, got my DD from 4th. My DD will be 3 soon, now trying for #2. Just completed another IVF cycle with QFG and failed and no embies to freeze - I did have 2 embies make it to Day 5. We just dont have the $$ to continue with another cycle. I guess my age is the only factor now and only have one tube due to my ectopic. DH has great sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, we had our FS appt today an saw both Ben and Simon, very lovely guys and both fellow kiwis. Going to be on 75iu of fsh due to my weight, AMH is slighty low but in range. DH was NOT impressed at all having to have a physical exam by BOTH drs, hahaha welcome to my world baby. His testes are sitting quite high and have possibly been 'cooked' causing the poor sperm. His count has gone from 0.8 to 0.3 and no indication on quality. Another appt on 13/4 to activate our cycle depending on chromosome bt results as they were back yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. I'm good Meshell, what about you? Just trying to keep busy... and positive. Lol. Just wish it was Thursday already! No real symptoms that are unusual. Bit of PMS, still bloated +++, only very minimal light cramps on occasions. Just so hoping for a positive. I flately refuse to POAS. I'll be gutted if its negative, so I'm not going to do it.

Good luck to those starting your cycles, its exciting! The staff really are lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey meshell,

Sorry to butt in but how much is the cycle actually costing you?
    Last edited by jessesgirl; 31-03-2012 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Meshell- Sorry it did not work out for you as expected, but lets hope this IUI gets you your BFP. Do you have to POAS or have a blood test?

Tigga - Excellent egg haul! Have you had your transfer yet?

MissAngie - Hoping you get your BFP as well next week.

Ngaiz - Glad you have the ball rolling now. Is this the first time you have done IVF? I can't remember.

Sparkletwinke - I am 39!! Just turned 39 in January, so understand where your coming from. Sounds like we have a very similar story. I had 2 stimulated cycles at QFG and 2 FET's, nothing, then I went to Monash at Sunnybank had 2 stim cycles and 2 FET's, 1 m/c and 1 chemical pregnancy and then got my DD who is now 17 months and her twin which we lost at around 8 weeks. Have gone back ttc#2 since August last year with another 3 stim cycles and no FET's and no success yet. I am now considering this place as an option as I just can't afford to keep going forking out nearly $4000 OOP per cycle. If I go to this clinic I will only end up paying $420 OOP or about $1700 OOP if anything is frozen. Have already gone to see the nurses at this clinic to get all the testing etc done, just to get the ball rolling until I decide what my next option is. May I ask why you are doing IVF?

AFM - We went and had our nurse consult this week and had all the tests done, so at least we have the ball rolling. I won't organise a FS appointment until I know exactly what I am doing. I am having another Laporoscopy and hysteroscopy next Wednesday with my current FS at Monash just to make sure my endometriosis isn't causing any implantation issues as my symptoms have been slowly coming back since having DD. I am feeling a little terrified about next week but just want to dot all my i's and cross all my t's before I start again. This sort of thing would not worry me normally, but now that I have DD it's a whole different story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Tezzybob: Your story does sound a bit similar to mine. Had laporoscopy back in 2005, found mild endrometrosis. Started ivf in 2006 at Monash 1 cycle and a few frozens all BFN. Then a friend referred us to QFG completed 4 fresh cycles, had an ectopic preg in 2008 lost my right tube, then had my DD on 4th cycle. Now this year I've just completed another ivf cycle, 2 5d blasts transferred, BFN.
    Now my DD is nearly 3 and I would love another. No real isssues I guess except my age and one tube. Me and DH can't afford the OOP costs at QFG anymore, so I guess this place is sounding so much better for the $$$.
    Okay I need to ask, do you get pain from your endo? The reason I ask is that it's been 7 years since my lap, oh and the ivf doc who did my ectopic preg operation back in 2008 said that he couldn't see much endo? I just recently asked my ivf doc about whether or not I should have a laporoscopy to check for endo, and all he said was if I had pain when af came it would be necessary but I don't. But I'm now thinking maybe I should get checked incase my endo is back? I don't get any severe pain, but after reading your post, maybe it's worth getting checked.

To all the girls who had there transfer sending more and more sticky vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I had my transfer yesterday with Ben and Simon. We had 3 eggs fertilised out of the 6 and had two embies transferred (one two cell and one four cell). We didnt worry about freezing the other as it was a two cell. I am in quite a bit of discomfort down there adn cant stop peeing! Really bloated and it hurts to walk. I dont have any fever though or nausea/vomitting? I just feel really gasey and uncomfortable. I hope my two little ones are dividing and growing nicely still. Wish we could have a microscope to have a look lol.

The crinone is making my bbs so sore and i have PMS like a wild woman lol. Hubbys not impressed!

Good luck with ur BT's for Thursdays girls!

Ill be POAS way before the 2ww is up lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you are in pain I didn't have any pain after the ET at all. Bloating, yes and its still there, but no pain. Have you called the nurses? Is it like normal period cramps, or worse? Hope it improves quickly for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Angie,

Yes Im going to give the nurses a call tommorow. I am very bloated but with a great deal of pain and I also have a fever and diarohhea now. I have spent all weekend in bed. I think I may have got a kidney infection as it hurts to pee! See what they say tommorow.