Closed Thread
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Meschell - I think the odds are in your favour Hun with the 1 million good ones hunting down that juicy egg.....Good luck when can u do poas?

Lou said I was going great guns I had 4 follicles on the left ovary and 3 on the right. At the scan today they are watching three juicy ones. They want them to grow a little bigger so they are putting my EPU off by one day now til the Wed she said depending on my scan and bloods Monday it may even take place Thurs. This means transfer may be Monday. I fronted my boss at work today and arranged possible day off he was fine said to take it as a sick and appt for transfer have as flex.
    I'll let u know how the EPU goes.....Lou was saying that all EPUS went well and fertilisation too so she sounded positive.
    Ill keep you all posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Just thought I would pop back in and update. DH and I had our first appointment last week and we are scheduled to have our next with Dr Ben on "Friday the 13th" (which I am going to say is lucky NOT unlucky!!). Anyway DH and I need ICSI, due to previous vasectomy we need sperm aspiration proceedure, and we were told that TFC do not do this proceedure. The ladies were very helpful (Leesa and Melissa) and apparently they are trying to get approval for this proceedure and are hoping to have an answer from the powers that be in the next few weeks. As the clinic is so new they are only just getting familiar with their practice manual so some things are a little unclear still. Apparently it is NOT on their list of things that they are definatley not licensed to do so that gives me hope. Good luck to all you ladies already going through the process.
    Kristy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only just seen this thread. I think I met you on Wednesday, Meshell. I had my EPU done first up Wednesday morning. I had three follies collected, and two fertilised. I had my transfer on Friday. I was actually wondering how you went, because when i left you had gone in to the procedure room. I'm sorry your EPU didn't go to plan, but its sounding positive that you might get your 'natural' pregnancy this cycle! So I'm sending you lots of fertilise and stick vibes. This two week wait is doing my head in, but I'm trying to remain positive. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Miss Angie. First, good luck I hope you get your BFP!! Second, I'm curious to know what EPU under sedation was like. I have a needle phobia and I'm still getting used to the fact I'll have to jab but I want to be prepared when it come to EPU. I need and honest opinion on what to expect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell, that would have been me... but I don't know about the darling bit. Lol. We transferred both embies. Yep the two week wait is killing me already. I swing from positive thoughts to negative ones constantly. But I have the same opinion as you, I can't change the outcome and what is meant to be will be. For both you and Ngaiz I'll explain my experience of the EPU. As you know I was pretty anxious about it, but it went much better than I expected. I was given 10mg of Valium and Panadeine initially, then got dressed in gown etc. When i went in they asked me to get up on the table etc and sorted out the equipment, explained the gas etc. I was told to start breathing up on the gas before they started which I didn't really do. The first injection was quite painful to be honest, but that was because I wasn't using the gas properly. As soon as I started breathing the gas properly it was fine. The nurses were awesome and so supportive. The only other part that was uncomfortable was when they dilated my cervix at the very end. All in all even the worst bits were more than tolerable. I really think using the gas properly is the key. When they changed sides to the other over halfway through I didn't feel anything. Of course I'm hoping I am pregnant! But I would do it again if necessary. As for being needle phobic Ngaiz, they don't give you any injections at all, the only needle is the one on the probe to collect with. It doesn't feel like a needle, it more a pressure/cramp like feeling if that makes sense. The nurses really are lovely and won't leave your side, so i think you will be fine. I was the first EPU they did, so if needed they will add drugs etc to the process, so its only going to improve. I had absolutely no bleeding after and only mild cramps like a period. No nausea, no grogginess. They make you stay an hour to observe, but I literally could have walked straight out. I hope that helps.
    I'm so pleased you don't have to pay for the whole cycle Meshell, that is nice. I haven't had many feelings except sore nipples, which I always get when i ovulate anyway, plus the crinone. That's about it. Just can't wait until this two week wait is over. All in all, I'm feeling quite positive, so fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was this your first cycle Angie? Its not the pain of the needle that bothers me, it's the thought of it. I'm a wuss when it comes to needles although I have tattoos and that doesn't bother me. I have my dr appt this Friday and I'm so excited. We hope to start around 20th of April. In your opinion, if i have EPU Wednesday, do you think I would be able to go work the following day? My job is in no way physical. Good luck, FX for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, Lol at your Valium reaction Meshell, I had already had mine when i was talking to you. So as you would have seen, it certainly doesn't knock me out. Lol. I am also really bloated. I'm struggling to remember what my former body looked like before fertility meds! I am also crampy, but I had the same sensations with my IUI'sso I'm trying not to think of it. Ngaiz, I have done about 5 medicated cycles and a few IUI's, but this is my first IVF. The good thing about the pick up, is that you can't see what is going on, so i think with the Valium and gas you won't worry about the needle :-) No problem to go to work the next day, in fact you could easily go back to work after the procedure if you had an office job, depending on how spaced out you get with the Valium. It usually only lasts a Max of 4 hours tops. Good luck with your appointment on Friday.

First babies for the clinic is the plan :-) I think there are 3 of us in the first week. So fingers crossed for all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Hope all the PUPO ladies are growing them embies and they have implanted nicely! I had my EPU today, I grew out the follicles an extra day was originally scheduled for yesterday. Six eggs collected yay! The record for the clinic so far they said. I ring tommorow to see how many fertilised and transfer Friday with 2 hopefully!. The procedure I thought was quite painful but I do have a low pain threshold. I was sucking down hard on the gas and if the Dr was going to go for the other two eggs I was going to say no thats enough. I was crying too but not sure if it was from pain or the drugs lol. I have quite a bit of discomfort at the moment......very bloated and hurts to walk. I'm talking to DH about freezing as I dont want to go through that again anytime soon. Off to work tommorow so I hope I get up in the morning a bit better!
    Goodluck Girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi just wanted to pop in and wish all u ladies in the TWW good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to wish all of you lots and lots of sticky vibes. I have an appointment next week so super excited. Is there anyone over 35's on this forum?
    Please girls also keep us all informed of your progress whether or not if you succeed, as you are all the rookies for this new company.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkletwinkle For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (30-03-2012)