Closed Thread
Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, my first cycle epu with Springwood was unbelievably painful, so much I cancelled before the needle even went in. I have my second epu on the 14 sept, trying endone for pain this time. I might even go see my doctor and ask her just for a second opinion. I need to go through with it this time cause this is my last time with ivf. I am getting to old i think. What pain relief did they advise to you might be better?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy Leigh View Post
    Hi Ngaiz,
    I just had my 1st appointment with the clinic yesterday...i love it and all the ladies i met are so lovely...but i just wanted to ask, what is it you are using the Oxycodone for? Im really scared about EPU as i have a low pain threshold so i figure if i can get a heads up on what may ease it a little it would be handy.
    Thanks, Kristy
    Hi and welcome kristy leigh! I hope your time here is short.

I had my first EPU this morning. I was given 10mg Valium and 2 Panadeine extra (that's over counter stuff).
    I was absolutely petrified of the pain!
    But I have to say, yes it was uncomfortable but no where near as bad as I thought it'd be! And you have to try and remember its only about 10mins (if that) - well that's how it was for me. One of my ovaries was in a Bad position so I had to have a nurse push on my abdo to move it into better position. But after that it was ok. For me the worst part was afterwards, I got the sweats pretty bad and felt a little yucky- only for about 15mins though.
    They only got 4 eggs, so fingers crossed they all fertilize! 👍

The nurses told me this morning that everyone reacts differently to EPU, and even if you have a bad time the first time, it could be completely different next time around.

I had dr Karen Watson this morning, and she was wonderful! So encouraging, as were all the nurses (as they always are!!)

Glad to see you back too Ngaiz! Fingers crossed this next round is the lucky one!
    Last edited by Bub4megs; 05-09-2012 at 17:10.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bub4megs For This Useful Post:

Kristy Leigh  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Meshell ! I just heard from Melissa, looks like 2 fertilised using icsi. So I'll be having one transferred tomorrow.

Just a side note for those about to undertake EPU, I seriously loved the gas, that stuff is awesome! Forget the Valium - just suck the hell outta that gas! 😚💨

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bub4megs View Post
    Thanks Meshell ! I just heard from Melissa, looks like 2 fertilised using icsi. So I'll be having one transferred tomorrow.

Just a side note for those about to undertake EPU, I seriously loved the gas, that stuff is awesome! Forget the Valium - just suck the hell outta that gas! 😚💨
    All the best finger cross it works first go like me and it only takes the one to stick xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks mrs simmo ! I've got everything crossed too (except for my legs - tmi?) lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Good Luck for transfer bub4megs. 2 fertilised eeeek thats great. They hope to get 50% fert results using icsi so if you got 2out of 4 thats exactly what you want. As for saying you only got 4 hey you only want low numbers then the quality its much better then if you were to get 20 eggs
    Is hubby going to transfer with you?
    My mum came with me as hubby was working and I didnt see point in him taking time off work for a 5min appointment lol so mum was in the room when my baby was conceived and I didnt catch the name of the guy who impregnated me haha
    Lol that's funny !
    I've come alone today, I thought the same thing, no point him missing work for something that takes a couple of minutes.
    Thanks for your well wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Meshell ! Dr Peter Ganter did the transfer, which was kinda nice considering he was the first FS I'd seen at TFC.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Time for a new thread ladies ... head over HERE.