Closed Thread
Page 58 of 79 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood

No what I meant was maybe now their policy is 2 for ladies who are say over 35. I'm 24 and don't consider myself old

Thanks
    Reviews

I totally agree that there is more risk in say a 40 yr old having twins rather than a fit healthy woman in her 20s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,
    It's been a long time since i have been on here but i regularly read through the posts that come through. It's wonderful to see so many new people who are about to start the journey like we did back in May/June.
    Well, last Wednesday we had our Nucal Trans scan at 12 1/2 weeks. It was amazing to see the little body moving around and not doing what it was suppose to and already getting up to mischief.
    We haven't yet made it too public as my parents up fnq and really want both sides to see the pics first.
    I have been having some crazy nausea and feel so sick most days but when i am not i nearly forget i am pregs. I think it actually started before Melissa gave us the wonderful news - it then made sense why i was feeling so yuk.
    Well i have just passed 13 weeks and still cannot believe it.
    For people trying, try and stay positive. I know it's easier said than done. I was there where you are once. Everyone was saying this to us, i was getting more and more annoyed with them all and then one day i said i have to relax, and sort of did my own version of meditation. I knew a weekend away would not help. We tried for 5 years, this also included IUI's and when I came acros TFC i got so excited. I once got told by a fertility doctor that if my time doing IUI's didn't work then there was a high chance of never getting pregnant and that i should just get used to that idea - she was nasty and I never went back to her again.
    Never say NEVER, also keep trying, never give up.
    I always wanted to be a mum and was nearly thinking it was never going to happen but something happened when i started the injections. Things just fell into place and at the right time.
    When i did IUI's, my body really didn't like them and i gained about 10kg from them over the period of time. I was keeping this in mind when i started ivf round. I didn't gain anything.
    And since getting pregnant i have actually lost 6kg. This is ok, I have the weight to loose and it hasn't affect the growth of little munchkin. It is weird though, i am loosing this weight but my tummy i think is starting to grow so i don't actually see the weight loss change.
    When we were doing the scan the other day, it was so funny, bubby decided to have a big stretch and yawn and a little move around - put on a real show for mummy and daddy that's for sure.
    Also, got a pic with their thumbs up - it was like "it's all good in here mum and dad, keep doing what you're doing". It was awesome.
    My little secret was crystals and essential oils. I know alot do not believe in crystals etc but i know they helped me and i will continue to use them through to labour and afterwards.
    Well i have raved on enough - remember keep strong, stay positive and also keep happy.
    Sending positive thoughts to everyone who is just about to start or are repeating cycles -

Thanks
    Reviews

Good to hear from you again wnat01! Glad everything is heading in the right direction (albeit a little bit pukey)!

I hope everyone is travelling well.

Afm, I was supposed to have EPU on Friday, but my lil follies were just a little too lil . So I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting on scan n bloods again to see if I could have EPU on Wednesday possibly :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Ok so finally the day has come for our NT scan we have made 12 wks I'm so nerves about the scan I want to know all is ok I'll keep you all posted I wish everyone luck on there journey xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: The Fertility Centre Springwood

Hi all,
    Thought I would pop on over! I am new to this forum but am just about to undergo ivf! I am so nervous anxious and excited all at the same time!!
    I don't no what to expect
    I have my first consultation on the 29th of October! I don't now how long I will have to wait until we can start ivf but fingers crossed it won't be long!
    By the looks of it everyone has liked the fertility centre.
    Does anyone have some tips or pointers for me?
    Congratulation to all bfps!!! So exciting!!
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Ok so finally the day has come for our NT scan we have made 12 wks I'm so nerves about the scan I want to know all is ok I'll keep you all posted I wish everyone luck on there journey xo
    Hope all went well for you Mrs Simmo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Ok checking in I had the 12wk NT scan yesterday at DR Carmody in sunny bank omg the pics are awesome 3D even all is well we are in the very low risk for down syndrome our reading was 1 in 7879 chances so as love as can be the heart beat was great and bub is great size it's real now and every one knows thanks FB lol I can relax the hard part is done WISH everyone good luck stay positive xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Just got a prescription for Oxycodone for Tuesday, that should do the trick!
    Hi Ngaiz,
    I just had my 1st appointment with the clinic yesterday...i love it and all the ladies i met are so lovely...but i just wanted to ask, what is it you are using the Oxycodone for? Im really scared about EPU as i have a low pain threshold so i figure if i can get a heads up on what may ease it a little it would be handy.
    Thanks, Kristy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy Leigh View Post
    Hi Ngaiz,
    I just had my 1st appointment with the clinic yesterday...i love it and all the ladies i met are so lovely...but i just wanted to ask, what is it you are using the Oxycodone for? Im really scared about EPU as i have a low pain threshold so i figure if i can get a heads up on what may ease it a little it would be handy.
    Thanks, Kristy
    Hi Kristy Leigh, welcome!

I have a pretty high pain threshold but my first EPU was possibly the most pain I've ever experienced. I demanded stronger pain relief for my second EPU. You have to remember though that it is completely different for everyone every time. A lady that cycled with me on both rounds went through with no pain at all first time with 7 eggs, and on round two she got 4 eggs and unberable pain. It has a lot to do with where the follicles are located on the ovary, how mature they are at the time of EPU and how easy they come away from the follicle wall. Good luck.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I've been quiet, but I've chosen to avoid BH a little at this stage. Next appt is Oct 3rd to plan our next cycle. Looking at one more round before we do more investigations.