Closed Thread
Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my appointment moved forward as someone had cancelled.

OMG-these people are amazing, so nice and friendly and spend time answering questions.

Cant wait to get started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks wantababybump

Twiglet, how exciting for you . Will feel so good to be getting started and a step closer to your own little bubba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies My name is Sarah and i have been hooked on this thread since page one haha always checking in to see everyones progress. Just want to send many positive baby vibes to each and everyone of you, you are all amazing and strong. Me and my husband are about to embark on the ivf path and springwood is the choice i have made due to finances. I am 26 years old and have been ttc for 2 years, in may this year i had a Hycosy to check tubes and unfortunately showed a blocked right tube with hydrosalpinx, i was devastated to say the least. 3 weeks ago i had my tube removed via laparoscopy so now running on one tube. I have been given the go ahead to keep ttc with my remaining tube although the chances are low and have a high chance of ectopic in that tube so we have decided we would get on the waiting list for ivf and try in the mean time and see how we go. How long to get your initial consult? do they do the tests in the first consult as i have to travel from the sunshine coast so would love to not have to make multiple trips except for the necessary of course hubby is fine and my ovaries and uterus are amazing apparently so should only need ivf without icsi. Thanks for any info, wishing you all the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sarahwantsababy, Sorry to hear of your fertility issues. But there is just so much hope when you know you still have some options

Meshell23, That is awesome at that price, is that your out of pocket price or is that before you put in your medicare rebates?
    You must be getting excited with being over the half way mark

So with ICSI, the hubby would produce a sample like they do for a SA, and then they chose the best one and inject it into the egg. Is this right?

What is the difference with IVF and ICSI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for clearing that up Meshell23.
    Sorry I just took a quick look at your ticker and thought you were already 24 weeks. Teach me for not paying attention
    So tomorrow you find out the sex of the baby, exciting.
    Then you can do lots of baby shopping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The Fertility Centre Springwood

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hoping41more - $1350 is the price for a full IVf cycle then after the treatment you get an invoice for ?? which you pay then you get a rebate after that sorry I cant be more helpful. Your out of pocket is about $1300. You also pay for initial consult and SA and any tests which you require. One thing this clinic do which I love is the chromosome test they bulk bill that it takes about 2 weeks to get results but all other clinics charge quite a few hundred to get this test done.
    As for the difference between IVf and ICSI, standard IVF they put the egg and the sperm all in a dish and let it do its natural thing of fertilising.
    Where as ICSI they get the ssample sift through it Isolate the excellent looking sperm and injection single sperm into each egg. which I think is better then letting the sperm fertilise eggs naturally. If they decide they dont feel like swimming then its a waste. That is just my opinion. We did ICSI as our ferility issue is my husbands poor sperm motility so its our best bet.
    I am currently 15 weeks so I have just over 24 weeks to go slowly getting there. I am excited to find out sex on 18.8.12.
    How exciting you get to find out the sex cnt wait till I'm at that stage. Just a quick question do u or did you get mild blotting feeling I have it on and off I wish the 3/9 will hurry up that's my 12wk scan all the best x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: The Fertility Centre Springwood

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Hi Ali
    very exciting for your first appointment with the clinic I love them all there.
    I normally ask them to not put me on the pill and they just get me to start injections day two of my cycle. If it fits with there time schedule I think worst case they may put you on the pill for a couple of days to get you ready for the days they do egg pick up. So you dont fall for egg pick up on a weekend.
    But that will explain all of that too you talk with the nurses when you go in there and drill them for information.
    Goodluck

Emilyjaney - How are you going? Have you tested yet?
    As soon as my .af starts I'm going to see if I can do away with the pill this time. The spotting was annoying and now I'm still waiting for af to start. My cycle was cancelled on 1st august. Egg pick up was spose to be the 3rd.
    I started having a lot of brown discharge the day before it wad cancelled and this lasted like a week.
    I have also had cramping on and off for quite a few days now
    So I have no idea whats going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the warm welcome girls, im amazed that it was so cheap even with the ICSI Meshell, did you get an extra discount as i thought regular IVF was around the 1350 mark? Just curious as to if they do the tests and things in your initial consult? i would love to get as much done as possible in the first appointment as have to travel and how long between first consult and starting your cycle do you need to wait a few weeks to get all your results back? sorry for the 20 questions just so i can get a plan in my mind, i still need to call and book but from the email they sent me they are booking into october already so need to get my butt into gear x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well on the countdown now until we can start cycle. Been on pill now for almost a month and back to centre on 28th to get all results, meet with doc and fingers crossed we good to go. Leesa one of the nurses was lovely put me on the pill last visit so we wouldn't have to wait another whole month. I just want it to start. Wish it were 28th August NOW....
    Feeling low today as my girlfriend called to tell me she's pregnant and not trying. I'm happy for her but just broke down after getting off phone... I hate feeling like that..
    I did want to ask you lovely ladies who have been successful, did you do anything different before. Ie diet, exercise. Would love to hear. I exercise a lot and think maybe I should cut it back.. Any help would be great..
    sorry to go on and on, just down, wanting 28th to be here and just want to be successful. I feel like I'm being punished when everyone else falling but not me... I know I'm not alone..

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had my first appointment at the start of june and then my next one was 3 weeks later to get results, i got my period on the 27th june and started the pill the next day for 17 days, then started injections on 20th july, egg pick up was estimated for 1st august but my cycle was cancelled 2 days before that as i didnt respond well to injections,

so now i am impatiently waiting for af to show so i can start again on a higher dose.

your better off making appointments as soon as possible as they are getting very busy,