Closed Thread
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meschell

Me too! Me too!

I pick up drugs Monday.....EPU 27th and transfer 30th. I seen Karen Watson and she was wonderful. I hope I get her on that day to do the transfer. I too was happy I was offered a chromosone test as Monash never bothered and I have had 3 previous miscarriages! All monash wanted to tell me was it was due to my weight! He soon back pedalled when I asked what research/evidence was he basing this on. I was just a case that was going to make the statistics bad for them. im really happy with the ladies at TFC. We will be TWW toghether. My best friend just told me shes preg this morning first monthof trying.....so lucky. I am like you everything fine just hubby with low count and morphology.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck meshell and tiggasam!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PT - I can't believe that!!! I know how excited you were at the prospect of transferring all your embies down to TFC, and how much you wanted to be supported by the old gang of nurses from Monash Sunnybank. Bloody Stats, I just can't understand why they can't flag you. The nurses and Rhonda were like family.

Meshell - So excited for you!!! I really hope it all goes well. Please keep us posted keen to see how things go

Tiggasmum - How exciting for you as well. Did they say anything about your age etc? I was a little worried about being older, but I do produce good amount of eggs for an old duck like me.

AFM - I did ring the clinic and was so excited to speak to an old familiar voice, the beautiful Lisa, she was the one who spoke to me the day I got my BFP with DD. The 3 nurses that are now working at TFC are just the most wonderful girls, I really miss not having them at Monash. They were the ones that really made the whole process so much more bearable, and always had time to sit and chat when I was feeling really down. I have missed Lisa and Lou since ttc #2 and now Melissa is gone I am just gutted. Miss Rhonda's wonderful friendly face at reception when I go there now. So caught as what I should do next. Really want to give this clinic a go and knowing my old nurses there makes me want to go there more, but I am really caught as my FS at Monash has been wonderful to me and he did get me DD. This last cycle I just had did not work again, so I am really looking at what to do next, really stuck. I spoke to my FS on Monday and he is keen to do a Laproscopy and hysteroscopy just to see if maybe there are some implantation issues related to my endometriosis. He also just said it could be just a numbers game due to DH issues and my older eggs. When I saw Wazza he said the same thing (regarding the numbers game that is) I really just don't want my old FS knowing I am seeking 2nd opinions. When I spoke to Monash about getting my file notes they stated that the FS had to review chart and write a summary before releasing information, I thought this was a bit strange as my old FS at QFG did not do this and it was now problems and he never knew, well I don't think so anyway. I might give TFC a ring and see if I can chat to one of the FS anyway and see what they think without all medical files. I know the nurses will be familiar with my case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tezzybob - no they werent concerned about my age. I get good egg numbers as well but they are only going to give me half FSH what im usually on of 225 because they want to concentrate on Quality not quantity.

Meschel - My husband picks up the drugs on Monday morning and I start injecting on Thursday all going to plan. I took my last pill this morning so my AF should come Wed. I guess if it doesnt turn up on time it may delay EPU etc not sure. Hoping everything goes to plan. Im feeling a little under pressure as my BF just announced she is pregnant. Low AMH score of 2.1 and first month of trying and shes pregnant (same age 37) go figure......some ppl are just plain lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think some people are just lucky. Know plenty of woman with very low amh and very low egg numbers getting pregnant easily and then there is someone like myself who is the opposite considering my age getting egg numbers of 10 to 13 with 183.3 of fsh which I know is a low dose for an old duck like me and having so much difficulty. I really think DH issues is the main problem but can't really rule out the age factor for me. Just hoping we will find that golden egg and sperm soon.

Tigga - what sort of egg numbers were you getting if you don't mind me asking?

Mishelle - how often do you go for blood tests and scans?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What about the EPU

Hi all, My hubby and I are looking to try for a sib for our first IVF (ICSI) miracle who is now 2. We went through City Fertility the first time and like most people the cost is just too high for us to go again. We have our first appointment next monday but I am little nervous about the EPU with sedation only. Is there anyone here that has done the EPU and can tell me what it was like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys

Tezzy - Last IVF we did I was 32-34 and I got 14 eggs first time and 7 the next time. DH did a good job as we got 100% fertilisation rate. Just that my oven doesnt work properly so he says ..... Those numbers were from 450 puregon. This time TFC have got me on 225 Gonal F starting Thursday.

Meschel - I havent been on gonal F either but am already a wild banshee woman from being back on the pill for 3 weeks. Was glad to stop that today. DH went in and collected the drugs this morning so I didnt have to have more time off from the new job. I have wangled the day off for the EPU but am hoping they do transfers early morning so I dont have to ask for another day off but I will if I have to or take a sickie I am only going to be taking half what I normally do as they dont want many eggs so I hope the side effects are ok ill just make sure i drink plenty of water and wear a mark in the carpet going to the toilet lol. Im a little nervous about the EPU as I dont have a very high pain threshold I am really really blaise about the whole thing this time so I hope I am still like that in the two week wait! Your lucky you have kept it a secret as I feel under a lot of pressure now with my friend announcing her pregnancy.
    Let me know how ur scans and EPU go.....hope your growing some nice good quality eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    your lucky having thursday off as well. I hope everything goes ok and I dont have to have thursday off. Good that your EPU is nice and early so you have a full day to recover. I hope they schedule my EPU early too. Did they give you an idea of times for transfers? I am hoping I can have it very early cos I need to go back to work! Im suppose to get my AF tommorow no sign yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigga - Thanks for that. I was just curious. What is wrong with your oven? That sounds like something Wazza would say. You must of had a few FET's then with those 2 cycles you had. Did you do 2, 3 or day 5 transfers? Were you doing single or double transfers?

Meshell - Good luck tomorrow it will be interesting to see how many follies you have growing this time. What dose were you on at Monash? Do you think you will transfer 1 or 2 embryo's? Did you get your medical records from Monash transferred to TFC at Springwood? If you did were there any problems?

AFM - I am still contemplating the move over to TFC, just not sure what to do. I suppose I am just seeing how you both go with your cycles. Just curious to see if it's a quality over quantity thing. What did your FS say to you both when you had your appointment? I suppose the sticking point for me is if you do have excess embryos and what to do with them, to freeze or not to freeze for the extra $1300. I suppose the initial cycle will be the most expensive, but then if you did do consecutive cycles at $500 a pop, $1300 for freezing will be still cheaper than going to other clinics. I suppose I could not let any of my embies go as I know my precious DD was a frozen embryo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Do you mind if i pop in?

I just had a failed cycle and after my first attempt, i have emptied my pockets.
    i have an AMH of 18.6.
    I have one blocked tube and one with major obstructions. i also devalop cysts.
    Mishelle...do you think TFC will take me.
    Please tell me if you get any problems with EPU.

regards
    jannifer