AFM=as for me
    AF=Aunty flow
    Tww=the dreaded two week wait between transfer and blood test
    PUPO=pregnant until proven otherwise in the tww
    BT=blood test
    US=ultrasound
    ET=embryo transfer
    EPU=egg pick up
    DP=days post (When talking about being so many days past something) eg:3dpo=3 days post ovulation, 3dp5dt=3 days post 5 day embryo transfer.

Those are the main ones in the IVF forums, there's a big list somewhere on bub hub but I've never been able to find it. I just nod and agree at most of them, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I have not been on in a while so I hope it is ok to join the thread! been away on holidays I am glad to hear you are all well Meshell with your bubs in there. I noticed you had said that you were a little worried about checking on bubs before your next scan. I have a friend who was feeling the same so she went to her GP, got a referral and went to the clinic that is near the mater hospital, she said it was well worth it as she needed piece of mind. Do what you feel comfortable with.

Ngazi...wow, congratulations on your 12 cell, that is amazing! Excuse my ignorance but when do you find out if bubs has stuck?? You have probably said it but I may not have read that far back. Sorry!

Bethy, the injecting is the easy part..they need to teach us how to cope emotionally too! Like Ngazi and Meshell said in previous posts, the ladies are amazing. When our first round failed I called and Renee answered, I burst into tears and she was soooo good! Lou was great and basically said Suck it up and move onto the next round. I love that about her! She tells it how it is, no BS. Good luck with everything- You will be fine!

AFM... Well as I said our first cycle did not work but we had a frozen embie transferred last tuesday morning. We are the first frozen cycle for the clinic so fingers crossed! Bonnie said the thaw went well but still only an 8 cell, not as good as Ngazi's 12 cell- champion!. We Find out on Monday...first day back at school for me..could be great or absolute rubbish. I had to go home on the day I got my period, was a complete mess! My poor year 12's kept saying "miss are you ok, you look like you have been stung by bee's around your eyes". Bless teenagers and their honesty. Well, fingers crossed for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh...not wearing my glasses...sorry Ngaiz I kept putting the i at the end of your name...sorry!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chooky27!!!

I hope everything goes well for you!
    my partner and I are wanting to freeze however I have heard mixed reviews about it. Do you think the process was any easier because you had frozen embies? what I mean is that do you think it wasnt as emotional because you didnt have to go through the egg collection etc etc

Oh im so sorry i hope im making sense! lol

Good luck with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Well what a week. Had a scare on Sunday night. It all started when I had a fall on Friday night going to some shops. I was so tired and just didn't see the gutter edge, did great work on my left knee but that was it. My hubby was so concerned. I seemed ok. But on Sunday night i had this 'stuff' discharge and was like WTF is this... I silently freaked out. I called the centre in the morning and it seems to be some of the Crinone (spelling???) still coming out. I have had no cramping or bleeding so Lou was ok. My next BT is on Thursday to see how my little gremlin is going.
    It is so good coming on here and hearing all the great stories and all of us sharing our experiences.
    All the best to all who are just starting, who have just had ET done or who have received their BFP.
    This is the emotional support that all needs when going through this. It's alot tougher than i thought it would be.
    I don't normally freak out about too much. Now i freak out about about anything.

to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bethy
    My hubby and I froze our embys cause I couldn't go into the EPU & ET again. I went through the needles with no problem at all, but i reacted very well to all the injections and my ovaries were extremely sensitive = pain! The EPU was suppose to be the easy bit, but due to the pain i was in, i couldn't do it - i needed gas to help relax everything... it wasn't good.
    Just remember this was just my experience and not everyone has this much pain. i just couldn't do it month after month.

Good luck with your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wnat, I was terrified of EPU second time round but I was ok with stronger drugs, even had a good laugh with the drs. Everyone was surprised how well I did and I would do it again. I <3 Endone hehe.

Your fall must have been scary, but remember that at this stage, everything is protected by your pubic bone. I'm so much more nervous this tww, I want it so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha chooky, I didn't even notice. I've been called much worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls, i am new to the bub hub forum but i to have gone throgh the fertility centre springwood i started the first week they opened back in feb but had to abort my first cycle in march (due to low eggs) so we started again and we were lucky to have a transfer in april and am so happy to say i am pregnant with twins 13wks and all is going well so far. i have previously had 4 cycles with qfg city 3 full icsi and 1 transfer and have 1 healthy 8yr old daughter who is oh so xcited i must say the fertility centre and all the staff are the best i have ever come by i would recommend them to anybody good luck everyone and congrats to those who have a positive results and dont give up to those still trying xxxxx