User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I am totally hijacking this thread but had to ask Meshel about Rhonda and Melissa. I am with Bruce at the moment and saw him last week for our 2nd cycle BFN debrief and wondered where the familar staff members had gone, Lisa (the young receptionist) wasn't there either... Is there something I don't know about Monash? Did Rhonda say why they had both gone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa is still there, just saw her yesterday when I had my transfer. Not sure what is going on. I was very upset to here about Rhonda and Melissa going, but not surprised. Had a feeling they were both down there. I had known this clinic was opening at some point, but wasn't sure when, just put 2 and 2 together I suppose. Many of the clinics across Brisbane have gone through major restructures, the money is not coming in like it used to since the GFC and the change to the medicare rebates. There was huge discussion on the ABC (radio) last year about the dramatic drop in infertility treatment due to the changes to medicare and whether it has made a difference saving the country money. All fertility clinics around Australia are suffering to a certain degree, some more than others I think hence why this clinic is offering an alternative. I know many have made the change to WFC for this reason. I think WFC to offer a little more than this clinic though.
    ME 39 DH 39 DD Endo & male factor (low counts and bad morphology)
    TTC#1 ICSI#1 FETX2 BFN, ICSI#2 BFN, ICSI#3 BFP M/C FETX1 BFN, ICSI#4 BFP chem preg, FETX1 Its a GIRL!
    TTC#2 ICSI#5 BFN, ICSI#6 BFN, ICSI#7 BFN

Elizabeth Eileen arrived 21/10/10

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bmi

Hi Ladies,

Tezzybob - Congrats on being PUPO. I hope it sticks and you dont have to utilise plan b!

Nicole - After what I have just read here about BMI we may not be continuing with them I am about to go ring Melissa as my BMI is over 35 and she didnt mention anything about this being a problem.

I am in the predicament of starting a new job in the city on monday and having to ask straight away for time off foe ivf appts, if we are going to go see the FS and he says my BMI is too high for their protocol I wont be happy so best I ring now and ask. I am still weighing up whether to go to wazza at QFG as im sure we will have eggs to freeze. I have low AMH of 6.9 and DH has poor morphology of 1% and count of 1.9. We have done 2 fresh cycles and 2 FETS and been preg twice and also 1 natural preg. Wazza advised us we hadnt really given it a good crack yet?? and it may be best for us to try a few cheap rounds with this clinic first. OK off to ask about this BMI! let you know what they say ladies.
    DH 37 ME 37
    2nd FET Nov 07 Ectopic removed 7 weeks 5 days
    3rd IVF ICSI ~9th July ~ sadly m/c
    4th FET 09/09 ~ BFN ~ Bugger!!
    Natural BFP~EDD 18/05/11~ mc 9w2d
    5th IVF ICSI 30/03/12 ~ fingers crossed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggasam For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm curious if they tell you different to me.
    Mr & Mrs, waiting impatiently for our bundle of joy, laughter and poop.
    Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.
    TTC # 1.......16 Months About to Start IVF Low AMH, IUI #1 Nov'11 BFN #2 Dec'11 BFN. Natural Cycle Jan12 BFN. Metformin+clomid IUI#3 BFP!!!!!! Bubble Kitty due Nov 1st

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chubear For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bmi

Hi Ladies

Chubear - I spoke to Melissa and she said she cant guarantee that the FS will not say anything about my BMI. My BMI is 38, I have lost 13 kilos over the last few months but still need to lose another 9kg at least. So I guess I'll just have to keep the appointment and see and try to get my BMI down a bit more by then
    DH 37 ME 37
    2nd FET Nov 07 Ectopic removed 7 weeks 5 days
    3rd IVF ICSI ~9th July ~ sadly m/c
    4th FET 09/09 ~ BFN ~ Bugger!!
    Natural BFP~EDD 18/05/11~ mc 9w2d
    5th IVF ICSI 30/03/12 ~ fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews

Default fairly new to this....

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting in one of these forums, but I thought maybe it would be nice to have people to talk to that may understand some of my experiences. I have had 3 x IUI BFN's and was about to commence my first IVF cycle through QFG when I also found this "cheaper" option at the springwood clinic. Unfortunatly when I called, they advised that they dont do donor eggs or sperm. Very disappointed. It is misleading to advertise cheaper IVF for patients when it is only specific patients that the cheaper option is available for, such as people that match their BMI protocol or have good eggs and sperm. These are some of the reasons people may need IVF treatments. Frustrating! Sorry to rant on my first post! I was just disappointed as my attempts have been few and far between due to the costs and I thought there may have been a chance to try more often. Oh well back to the drawing board !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Meshell, I guess it's good that there is somewhere in qld that is offering lower cost services even if it is just for a specific group of people or specific issues. I will have a look at Westmead in Sydney, thanks for the tip. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Meshell23, I have spoken to the lovely nurses at TFC and I am confident that they offer the same level of expertise and professionalism as my current "boutique" clinic. I have decided that we will have our first few cycles there then go back to our current clinic if there seems to be something more difficult to deal with. With the comparative costs it would be silly not to, although I can see how it's not the clinic for everyone. Donor eggs/sperm are not an option for us and we too are only dealing with MFI so TFC is the perfect place to start for those in our situation. I am interested to see how you go, good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I am currently at Monash S'bank. Looking to move and take my frozens with me.
    Was so excited that Melissa, Lisa, Lou and Rhonda from Monash are at TFC. Feels a bit like sticking with family.
    Made my appt with TFC, went and got my referral, only to be called today and told that TFC has a policy where they won't allow embryo transfer from other clinics. I am quite cranky about the whole thing. But what can I do? Will just keep looking for a new clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They want to know their exclusive statistics first.
    So in the short term not accepting transfers from other clinics.
    Can't understand why they just can't flag my file and not include it in the analysis.