Closed Thread
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They refuse to send me anything!! Nothing I can do and I just lost it at Lou over the phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the rant guys, I just feel ripped off. You all know how it feels to have no control of the situation. This was the only decision that we were allowed to make through the entire process, and yesterday it was fine. They knew how many follicles I had, and how many eggs that could potentially produce, they could've told me there and then. I'm just so disappointed but I do understand why they've made the decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Sorry for the rant guys, I just feel ripped off. You all know how it feels to have no control of the situation. This was the only decision that we were allowed to make through the entire process, and yesterday it was fine. They knew how many follicles I had, and how many eggs that could potentially produce, they could've told me there and then. I'm just so disappointed but I do understand why they've made the decision.
    I'm sorry to hear your bad news Ngaiz . I'm sure you've probably mentioned it on here before, but I can't remember (sorry) how many ivf cycles have you been through?

Ohhh... I had my first appointment today (saw Melissa). It was funny in a way, i've read all about the whole IVF process as does everyone who is considering it, but when you have someone sitting in front of you telling you the exact process, it's seem alot more daunting - the EPU proceedure has me seriously concerned - I joked to my DH that it's just unfair that the worst thing he has to do, is have an orgasm?!? I mean - seriously - wtf?!?
    Ahh... and Melissa did mention that I need to loose some more junk in my trunk (my words, not hers!lol) I weighed this morning before I went in, and I got it down to 36.8 - but she said I need to try to get it down to 35 or below... mmm.... hello lite n easy meals... yumm yumm

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I didn't get to speak to anyone else as Lou called from the after hours number.

The main reasoning behind it is OHSS, which I could understand if I had symptoms (even one symptom and I would be happy with the decision). I also understand that it can occur after ET, but they won't do further BT or US to check E2, P4 or ovary size, which I understand are some of the ways OHSS to be diagnosed (that's how it's done where I work).

And a new strict policy on age/number of embryos transferred and that management has discussed it and it just won't be happening.

Im not sure I believe the policy one as that's not something they could have changed overnight. So much other stuff was said but that could take all night to type on my phone, lol.

I feel so bad for going off at her the way I did and I'll probably end up apologizing tomorrow haha. AND I bloody cried!! Not happy with myself about that but I was just so mad and didn't know what else to do. To make it worse everyone at work (who I can't stand anyway) was there to see it as I walked out of the bathroom.

All they think is that I'm in it for twins, yeah that would be nice to get the whole 'instant family' I'm young and healthy. But I've had one transferred before and it didn't stick, I didn't even get a chemical from it (would have been nice to know if it's even possible to get pregnant). I just hoped that maybe if I had a DET, one would stick. I want a baby just as much as anyone else on here but the IVF process is so physically and emotionally draining and I honestly don't know how many more I want to do.

If I was told 'yes you WILL get pregnant from this embryo' I would do it in a heartbeat, no questions asked. We're definatley not freezing (which they keep insisting on) and I wish they would respect our wishes on this. I've been ttc for three years now, spent $15k and have nothing to show for it but an almost empty bank account. I've now lost all the positivity I had going into this and right now have the mindset that maybe it's just not meant to be.

They call again tomorrow to let me know how my embies are going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ngaiz - how much pain do we have to go through to get a little bundle of joy. I am so sorry to hear what you went throught today thinking of you

I have been getting that crampy feeling all day today. I did have that thought that we all dread - but nothing yet ().

Well have my BT tomorrow - i just want some hint which way it's going to be....

Thanks
    Reviews
    wnat-with BT tomorrow and no sign of AF...I think that's a pretty good sign

Meshell-I think Melissa is more understanding as she herself has twins.

DH doesn't even want to go through with ET anymore so now I'm more upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starting to think it's all about stats and how the clinic looks on paper. There will be plenty of questions from the IVF council of Aus. if they keep getting multiples. Especially seeing as most if not all DET's are under 35.

Forgot to wish you luck for tomorrow wnat FX, too caught up I'm my own misery right now sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to crash the thread, but Ngaiz, you would have signed the previous policy paper. Surely they have to hold to that? Your cycle started before the new policy.
    I'd be holding them to that signed policy. They surely wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    So sorry to hear this. Stay strong! I'd be foot stomping and angry as hell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to fight, I've never been one to back down. But I dunno with this one, just feels like a fight I'm not going to win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls. Got a call to say my 11 embies are still going great. Spoke to Melissa today and it went much better than yesterday but they still won't change their minds. Also, I have to have a physical exam before they will even consider ET at all now They're also still going at me about freezing so I might ask if I freeze can they assure me I'll get two next time (no hormones less risk right?). Meh, I hate this game.