Closed Thread
Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz! It's been hard work - I swear to god - I'm addicted to chocolate ! lol

My fingers are crossed for you this month - I think you are overdue for some positive news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies.
    I haven't been on for a little while, just got back from north queensland for my grandmothers funeral. What a journey i have been on so far... where do i start?

The day before my EPU my grandmother passed away. On Tuesday my day of EPU my drugs didn't work so i had a bit of pain to deal with, but got through it. Got 8 eggs but 6 were mature ones. All 6 fertilised, all 6 divided and on Friday, the day of ET we had 6 eggs which all had 8 cells so we were quite happy with that. My follies must have been quite big by the time EPU came around - i was sore and so sensitive around my belly and just the feeling of being bloated. I thought that feeling would go after EPU - no it doesn't. When i had the ET i was so sensitive around the belly area that i had a lot of trouble and ALOT of pain with the ET - it was crazy pain. I ended up on the gas to help settle me down. Something i will remember for awhile. It was the first 'real' procedure my husband has been to (other than blood tests) and he was wonderful. A bit lost at first but he got it together for me. We 'finally' got the egg transferred and it was over. That afternoon I got a phone call that they successfully froze 5 fertilised eggs.
    One week is done and have another week (just under) to go before my BT to see if anything has happened.
    I have been away for the week which in one way was really good for me to relax (well sort of anyway) and haven't done too much.
    I am just starting to get headaches again, so i just keep up the water - it seems to help. I am so over headaches.
    Every now and again i get a bit of a pain in my belly area but sometimes it will last an hour and sometimes half a day - but nothing bad.
    My boobs have been sore for the last 2 weeks, so that is not even giving me a clue. So all i can do is wait.
    This forum is so good - a great way for us to share our experiences and help someone else going through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, Meshell congrats, thats fantastic news! Good luck for Tuesday Ngaiz! thanks for the oxy tip.

Erin - so sorry about your news!it must be quite annoying/frustrating to be told this news yet again..was it a definitive answer from TFC that they can't help you right now? or Do you have another app with them? i have heard that there is a holistic health in the area that do accupunture opposite gloria hotel carol ave - i've heard accupunture is supposed to be a good treatment for pcos and other infertility issues...sorry i am so ignorant about pcos i am going to go read more about it now...

hey congrats on your weight loss meg awesome job! hope it goes well on wednesday

wnat i am really sorry for your loss i understand what you might be going through with your grandmother..I also lost my dad recently :'(
    What a vulnerable time for you right now with everything, and the procedure and pain you went through.
    i hope this week passes quickly for you for sanity sake..sounds like you need a good massage or pedi or what the heck - both, after all you've been through recently you should treat yourself to some relaxation

Anywho I called TFC the other day and have booked in for Aug 16 meh..hoping it would be a bit sooner but i can understand why they would be so busy lol I asked them to add me to their cancellation list

i was thinking .. that massage i was talking about sounds like we all deserve one girls!

7 weeks and 5 days counting..meh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Megs-I'm a self-confessed chocolate wh0re, haha.

wnat-very sorry for your loss EPU was probably the most pain I've ever been in and this time I'm upping the drugs. Hope you're not going too crazy in your tww, good luck xx

Ali-good luck for your appt. August is just around the corner, your appt will be here before you know it. Life drags when you're doing IVF, everything is in 2 week stages.

Afm- getting ready to do my Ovidrel trigger. I've been freaking out about EPU and I'm worried my drug cocktail won't work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Meg, don't mind answering questions at all! I have lost 7kg thru weight watches in the past 6mts and my bmi is 32.1 so I'm under there limit of 35 but was advised if ur 1-2 over they will still accept u as long as ur trying to lose weight! I was still a little taken back by him saying that was the problem (sore subject haha).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, so much seems to be happening since I was last on here. We've had a slight set back re timing etc. DH and I were unsure if we were going to stay with our ob for the next round or go to FCS. So we went and met with our ob and it was horrible. He didn't even know anything about our last transfer and we were telling him how many eggs fertilised, how many were good on day 5. So dissapointing. The worst thing was that when we decided to go to him I cancelled my appointment at FCS So now we have to wait until end of July to get in. They were really lovely on the phone and booked our second appt two weeks later with the doc but it looks like Sept will be the cycle to start there. In a way I do feel better and takes pressure off us re money but was just so dissapointed as i would have started another roudn by now..And Sept seems so far away. Anyway just staying and positive. And i love coming on here and reading about everyone's journey. Though I have to say Ngaiz, you are really scaring me with the egg pickup pain...
    Hope everyone is going well with their appointments/injections/ EPU/ET and wherever else you all may be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,

Goodluck tomorrow with epu Ngaiz, i hope this time is a little easier on you.

Bubs4megs, tfc didnt say anything to me about bmi. Mines about 36, and it never came up at all.

Wnat01, sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully you get ur bfp and all that pain from epu and et was all worth it. When is ur bt?

Meshell, sounds like your right in the ms area now full thrust lol. I still throw up all the time, if i dont take one of my wafer tablets early enough ill be up head in the loo by around 6.30! A friend of mine suggested a snack of a green apple, peeled and left until it goes brown, which usually doesnt take long, then eat. It actually worked ok for me, took a bit of the edge off and was enough to fill me for a little while. The hospital put me on ondansetron wafers, which are quite expensive, but well worth it. Most days are ok now but i still have the odd bad day. Yesterday we went to pacific fair for a bit of a stroll, i lasted about 45 mins before i was completely exhausted lol. Came home and passed out for 2 hrs!
    We bought our twin pram which is pretty cool, and were starting to work out our little nursery, have you started to buy anything yet? We put our cots, car seats, a ****load of bottles and some other stuff on laybuy at target, it was a half price sale, 2 for price of 1 works for me lol! Im pretty sure theres another huge baby sale at target end of july beg of august too.
    I hope ur ms eases for you soon, but i guess in some weird way having the ms is also reassuring as crazy as it sounds.

Goodluck to everyone else with ur epu/et/ bt/ scans and apps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck for today Ngaiz ! We'll all have our fingers crossed for you !
    And thank you Tamm, knowing that you bmi wasn't an issue for you has made me feel a bit better Guess I'll find out tomorrow what they think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girlies. It went really well, and I got 14 eggies. The Endone worked a treat, it was soo much better. Ben was lovely, he held my hand the whole process and wanted to share the gas, haha. Two very good blokes.

Before going in Simon had a chat with me and suggested a DET and doesn't care that we won't be freezing, Bens only worry is ohss with the number of eggs I had so I'm back on the protein diet.

Im really confident about this cycle but not sure how many more I wanna do to be honest. Might take a break, go on holiday and reassess the situation if it doesn't work out. ET is Friday morning. For you girls with a higher BMI, my FN told me today that it can be harder to find the ovaries but nothing about refusing treatment.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 26-06-2012 at 11:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We decided we'll go for two, and a bit more confident about it after both guys feel ok with it. Not many FS would let you do it at our age. Simon even agreed that day 3's aren't that great for freezing and he doesn't know what he would do.

I've had two acupuncture sessions over the last fortnight and another two pre and post ET on Friday.

How's the MS? I'm keeping a mental note on all the tips, I love green apples but they upset my tummy. A friend at work had her 6w2d scan and got to see a heartbeat, so happy for her
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 26-06-2012 at 14:24.