Closed Thread
Page 16 of 79 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Morning all! Just got the call from Lou to say 6 of my 7 eggs fertilised.
    Meshell-yip we had ICSI.
    I'm now considering freezing after yesterday's experience. Will have to weigh up the costs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's tricky alright! I really want two but both Ben and Simon are very reluctant as it's my first cycle, although it was mentioned yesterday. It's something we need to consider along with freezing. If they thaw well and this cycle doesn't wok then I can have two next time, but if they don't thaw (only a 60% successful thaw rate) blah blah blah. I guess it comes down to what quality they are tomorrow when we go in for ET and if they're worth freezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 27 but have low AMH which gives me "older " ovaries haha. Like you I'm also fit and healthy and could probably handle a multiple better at this age. Personally, if this doesn't work in the next couple of years, I won't be doing it at 35 just to have the chance to have to embryos transferred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Ngaiz, I'm so sorry to hear of the pain you went through on epu. I think everyone's experience with it will differ and unfortunately you got the painful deal. But your definitely right, it had nothing on child birth! I hope the transfer goes well for you and it sticks.

Thanks Meshell for your wishes, so far ive had bad nausea all day, just hoping that finishes by 12 weeks. Goodluck with you're epu and et.

I don't think I did anything special after et just rested really. DH wouldn't let me do anything, and I mean anything. Unless I was going to the loo I had to be in bed, I felt like an invalid, but it was kinda cute lol.

I think just stay positive and relax what will be will be. We went into this as a one time only thing knowing the success rate of ivf, just thinking if it works it works, if not so be it. So I think keeping your body and mind in the right place and stay calm. Easier said than done, I know.

With the egg transfers, I was told definitely only 1, as I was 32, and my chances of it all working were quite high. On the day of the et, the dr said he would suggest putting 2 back, so we changed it at the last minute, and put two back and now twins! I think they'll decide or advise on the day. Im not sure why they advised that in the end, but either way were happy.

Does anyone know how many positives the clinic has had? Or their success rate? Last time I was in, I think I was their 4th, but 1st twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why did the dr change his mind to allow you to transfer two?? We weren't going to freeze because we thought we would only get 3 or 4 eggs and didn't expect them all to fertilise. I have no moral problem discarding them but now I don't know if I can go through EPU again if it will be like that. We won't be freezing anyway because I spent the money I had aside for it only sick dog on the weekend haha. The cost if freezing and a frozen cycle is more than a fresh cycle anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure, I thought maybe because we explained we were only doing this once, or maybe they reassessed my aged? Not to sure. But I did have 4 eggs, only 3 fertilized and by day 2, 2 were at stage 4 and 1 was at stage 2. I'm not to sure what that means though. And the dr suggested we put the 2 stage 4 back and let the other one succumb.

Another thing with the cost... I called Medicare as I'm still waiting for my cheque so I can finalize payment with the clinic, and Medicare advised me they have sent me the cheque for the clinic, but also a cheque for me as well for the final payment I need to make to the clinic. Im really not sure how this part works, I thought I get my rebate after I'd paid tfc, does anyone know if this is right or how it normally works at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, you have made it sound so scary....DH and I were talking about it tonight and if we have to go again I'm freaking out...Is it really that painful..??.
    I really wish you well for the et

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeanie, in my experience... unfortunately yes. BUT in saying that, I will do it again if I have to. It only lasts 10 minutes and the pain goes away almost instantly. The dose of Diazepam and Panadeine they give is enough to knock anyone about but I don't metabolise oral drugs very well. They have already told me I can have more pain relief next time. The lady before felt nothing. You'll be fine sweetie, eyes on the prize (that's what I keep telling myself anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your right Ngaiz... I'm 9dpet and did Hpt and it was BFN . havent' compeltely given up, but if on Monday I get BFN from blood work than I'm calling Springwood and going to see them. As you said eyes on the prize...And as long as they drug you all good.. I guess everyone is different with pain tolerance, so maybe it won't be too bad.. How did your transfer go? i have my fingers crossed for you. How many did you end up transferring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Jeanie, in my experience... unfortunately yes. BUT in saying that, I will do it again if I have to. It only lasts 10 minutes and the pain goes away almost instantly. The dose of Diazepam and Panadeine they give is enough to knock anyone about but I don't metabolise oral drugs very well. They have already told me I can have more pain relief next time. The lady before felt nothing. You'll be fine sweetie, eyes on the prize (that's what I keep telling myself anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Home from ET, and had one perfect 4 cell transferred. Was thinking with my heart to go with two, my head was telling me one and I went with my gut which said one. We ended up having 3 4cell embies out of the six that fertilised, not sure what the other three were. Bonnie suggested freezing the remaining two but we decided not to as the cost isn't worth the 60% successful thaw rate.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 11-05-2012 at 12:44.