Closed Thread
Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngazi and Tamm,
    Exactly what you said. DH and I were worried that we might only be able to afford one, and now if we do need another (fingers crossed we don't), we can now afford to do so. Is it true that they only take 6 eggs, even if you have more? And do you know if freezing is a extra $1500... We have to do ICSI as well so great to know the deposit is $1350. So much better than $10500 that we have paid so far on this cycle. We are now waiting to see how much we will actually get back and see what our out of pocket is giong to be.
    Thanks ladies you have been a huge help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I havent been told they will only take six, I was told that they if I got eight they would take them all and that 6-8 was ideal. I can't imagine leaving oversized follicles with eggs in would be safe, you would risk ohss if they continued to grow and multiple pregnancies if you they were to fertilise (by way of a miracle with MFI, lol)

Freezing is definately an extra cost and I was told it was around $1500 but they were working towards trying to reduce that cost.

Our previous clinic was going to leave us $5600 out of pocket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just going to copy and paste this to my other threads. Just got home from EPU and I'm feeling really good. Took 10mg of Diazepam and 2 Panadeine, I tried to tell them I don't metabolise oral drugs very well and asked for more but they wouldn't have a bar of it. Anyway, I was in so much pain I cried like a baby and gave them a few choice words :/ I usually have a pretty high pain thresshold. Lucky it only lasted 10 minutes. I felt the needle everytime it pierced the vaginal walls and ovaries. Once it was out the pain subsided almost instantly. I've had some very heavy bleeding and had to hang around the clinic for an extra hour. I've been told to keep an eye on it incase I haemorrage. On a good note I got 7 eggs, fingers crossed they're good quality. ET is Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I'm just going to copy and paste this to my other threads. Just got home from EPU and I'm feeling really good. Took 10mg of Diazepam and 2 Panadeine, I tried to tell them I don't metabolise oral drugs very well and asked for more but they wouldn't have a bar of it. Anyway, I was in so much pain I cried like a baby and gave them a few choice words :/ I usually have a pretty high pain thresshold. Lucky it only lasted 10 minutes. I felt the needle everytime it pierced the vaginal walls and ovaries. Once it was out the pain subsided almost instantly. I've had some very heavy bleeding and had to hang around the clinic for an extra hour. I've been told to keep an eye on it incase I haemorrage. On a good note I got 7 eggs, fingers crossed they're good quality. ET is Friday.
    Oh lord. This terrifies me now.

April 2012 Cancelled ivf cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak4123 View Post
    Oh lord. This terrifies me now.

10 minutes of pain is well worth it Squeak, I'd do it all over again tomorrow if I had too. Keep your eyes on the prize babe. When will you cycle again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 minutes of pain is well worth it Squeak, I'd do it all over again tomorrow if I had too. Keep your eyes on the prize babe. When will you cycle again?
    Honestly I have no idea. I am on the pill but going back Tuesday for a scan and hoping this dam follicle goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell, I've taken Valium before and knew it wouldn't do anything I don't want to scare anyone though cause I know it does work really well on most people. But I had under estimated the level of pain I would be in and the gas makes you sooky as well. We pptentially have to go through hours of labour so that 10 minutes would be nothing on that, lol. What time is your scan? I have to be in at 11am for my ET on Friday. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that would have been funny to see. I wish it had any sort of effect on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that would have been funny to see. I wish it had any sort of effect on me.
    Shame they didn't give you an injectable form of pain relief. Goodluck for your transfer on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all! Just got the call from Lou to say 6 of my 7 eggs fertilised.
    Meshell-yip we had ICSI.